Capitol Update 1

Hestia Ricci P.O.V.

"Hello Capitol! I'm Hestia Ricci, with your Capitol Update!"

"Let's take a look at our first 12 tributes, from District 1 to District 6!"

"From One, we had a volunteer who is allegedly the sister of District 1 Mentor and Victor, Laurel Shimmer! 15 year old Leä Shimmer volunteered, and thinks she will make it home, back to her family. Her partner, Miss Calypso Breeze, also has an interesting backstory. Calypso's aunt just so happens to be my lovely coworker, Leto Justice! Isn't that interesting? Calypso hopes to make it out so she can spend time with her aunt, here in the Capitol!"

"Now, from District Two, we have Luna Crombe! Now, not much is known about her, accept for the fact that she was adopted by a Peacekeeper and his wife. Poor Luna doesn't care if she makes it out alive or not. Now, our other case. Valerie Slate. At 16, Valerie became the most feared Career in all of District 2. An expert with knives, axes, and daggers, her skill will certainly be enough to win her this crown. Valerie hopes to win not only the Games, but Hero's heart."

"And we come to District 3. First, let's start out with Lanni Bolt. Ah, looks like she could be from District 1! Apparently, her best friends sister, Electria Flash, was Reaped this year. Lanni hopes to win so she can support her family in 3. Electria Flash is a small, 14 year old girl, who turned 14 on the day of the Reaping. How lucky! It's such an honor for her. She hasn't revealed much about her hopes for the Games."

"To the wonderful fishing district, there was a bit of a struggle. Let's start with Talia Zale. Big, strong, and vicious looking, Talia is definitely a contender for these games. Although she hasn't told us anything, sources say her bast weapon is a short sword. Reyna Pisces. The sister of the legendary Triton and Alyson Pisces. When she was Reaped, a boy who is identified as Kai Green, tried to make his way towards her, with no luck. But Reyna's brother, River, managed to get through, only to be hit and killed by a stray Peacekeeper bullet. Sources say that someone hit the trigger of the gun, and the Peacekeepers gun accidentally fired. Reyna wants to win so maybe she could bring her brother back."

"And the sorrowful tail of District 5. We had a great surprise when a boy, who's identity is to remain a secret, went outside the boundaries of his district, and was to be killed. But a stray knife hit the Peacekeeper who was going to kill the boy, and chaos was everywhere. A brave soul, Solaris Energy, took it upon herself to become District 5's first female tribute. She hopes she can make it back to her brother. Our second tribute, Nymph Light, is 14, and hopes to win to become rich and save her family from poverty."

"The Capitol favorites, Paige and Louisa Burton, from District 6. Paige was reaped first, at 16. Paige is originally from District 8, but her family moved to 6. And Louisa moved with them. The two girls were adopted by Mayor Burton and his wife. Unfortunately, the Mayors wife was killed in a car accident, so the Mayor remarried. Little Louisa was just 8 when it happened, and is now 15. The two of them just hope to be able to return to their family in 6."

"Ladies and Gentleman, I am Hestia Ricci with today's Capitol Update! Stay tuned to see the remaining group of tributes! Happy Hunger Games, and May the Odds be Ever in Your Favour!"

I walk off stage, and find Leto. She's a crying mess.

"Leto, she'll be okay! She was trained in 1!" I say.

"But I don't want her to die! She's too young. She never should have left the Capitol! Never!" Leto cries.

"Listen Leto. She'll be fine. She will make it out of the Arena. Calypso is strong. And your on in 3 hours, so I'll help you get ready. Calypso will be fine." I say.

"I hope." Leto replies glumly.

And with that, I turn on my heel and walk out of her dressing room, out of the arena, into my limo, and back to my apartment.