Chapter 20: You're Not the Only One

Hi! 2 chapters in 1 week, good job me. So this chapter is only for Harumi's memories of Lloyd along with Garmadon and her bonding. I had to rush this so it isn't the best. But enjoy!

Also, tysm for 2.5K reads! I'm so grateful for it!

(Harumi's Pov)

Harumi's mind was... confused. She kept remembering these memories she never seen before. Not to mention that the memories was fuzzy and disoriented, making it harder for her to remember what was going on and that one shocking news wasn't helping either.

(Flash back)

When the light faded away, she first saw that the onis were gone, then Lloyd's limp body on the ground. Followed up by Mistake, checking Lloyd's purse. Then she saw Jay, standing beside her. Jay, who fell off the bounty into the cold mist, Jay who all of us them thought he was lost. I was way too stunned to say anything.

"Jay!" she heard Nya yell and hugging him tightly.

"Hey, Nya," Jay laughed, hugging her back. 

"You idiot! Never do die on me again!" she cried.

"I'll try my best."

The others ran towards the blue ninja, filled with joy. Even though Harumi was filled with joy too, her eyes found its way back to Lloyd's limp body. For some reason, her mind kept playing back to a fuzzy memory. She could make out herself talking to someone, but that person's face was disoriented, preventing her from seeing it. 

"Lloyd!" Morro cried out as he ran to his side, "What's happening to him, Mistake!?"

"Calm down, darling. Your cousin is only on the line between death and life. He isn't tilting towards any side, which is better then tilting towards the death side," Mistake explained and even though it didn't made Harumi feel better(or understand it really) it looked like it did for Morro.

"Mistake! How, what, no, why-" her dad and Master Wu came towards them, clearly confused and shocked at the appearance of the ancient oni.

"Hush, dears. Right now, we have to get this little trouble maker inside, we only have so much time before the onis and the Overlord march here again."

(Flash back ended)

So now, Harumi sat on top of the monastery walls, watching for any signs of onis while Mistake healed Lloyd. Apparently, Lloyd was not in a very good situation according to Kai, who heard it from Morro. He didn't explain why or what was going on with the blond, but from the looks that he kept sharing with his sister. Harumi could guess that somehow Nya and Kai had something going on with the blond.

"Nice view," her dad said as he sat beside her.

"Hey, dad," Harumi said and they sat in silence for a while until her dad broke it.

"Are you ok?"

"What?" she turned sideways to see his dad. His grim expression made him look way older than he usual looked. But somehow younger too, blond hair and green eyes... 

'Wait, dad doesn't have green eyes, or blond hair. Where did that come from?'

A memory flashed in her mind again, showing her and a boy sitting on a roof of a building. She was younger and the boy turned, revealing his blond hair and blurry green eyes. She swore she saw his face for a moment, but it got blurry again before she could make out who it was.

"I mean, it would be hard for you as much as it's hard for me. That... That Lloyd is my son," her dad said, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Oh," she looked down, suddenly getting interested with the sleeve of her gi, "I mean... I don't know... I don't even understand Lloyd."

"I never understand you."

"Says the person who gives away her sweets to random kids. I mean who does that!?"

"Well, you know that I'll always love you know matter what, right?"

"Yeah, I know dad," she said, putting her head on his shoulder, "Do... you remember him? Like before?"

Her dad thought for a moment. His eyes getting softer and wiser.

"I didn't. But now... after what just happened. I do," he sighed, "Not all of them, but I think it triggered my memories, like with the Overlord and Lloyd's... screaming."

"Let him go!" She yelled at the black smokey figure in front of them. 

"And why do you take this boy's side? Go home little girl," the smokey figure chuckled.

He looked down, his expression full of pain, worry, and guilt. "This isn't the first time it happened you know. Last time I saw it happen, it was when we thought he died."

"Oh wait... You don't have a home. Your parents are dead... and you're trying to save the murderer of your parents? Hah! Do you hear that, little boy? She's trying to save you when you killed her parents!"

"For some reason, after that, every time I tried to remember his face, it was so blurry. Then I lost my memories when I was resurrected. Now I got most of the memories back."

"Monster!" I shouted at the blond covered in blood and black ashes, "Murderer! You killed my parents!"

"Kai, Nya, Morro, Wu, Misako, and I met up with Mistake. It turns out that it was Lloyd who hid our memories in the first place."

"I'm so sorry, Harumi," the blond with green eyes came closer.

"Don't you dare come close to me!"

"Next time we see each other, you can hate me as much as you want. But right now, this is for your own good," he said as silver light blinded her, "Bye, Greenie."

"I just feel terrible for forgetting him even if he was the one that hid my memories.... Sorry, I guess I was just talking nonsense," her dad said as he wiped some tears away from his face, "You can go in and rest, I'll wa- Don't cry! What- what's wrong?"

"No... You're not the only one, dad..." Harumi managed to choke out as she wiped her tears.

"What do you mean...?" He asked.

"You're not the only one... I knew him... I met him before... I knew Greenie."