Chapter 15: For Jay

(3rd Pov)

Jay opened his eyes and was met with a strong scent of those weird tasting teas that Master Wu loved to drink. When his vision cleared, he looked around his surroundings to see that he was surrounded by selves full of tea bags. 

"Oh, good to see you are awake, dearie!" A high and cheery voice said from where Jay presumed the doorway was. 

"Ugh..." He groaned as he sat up. His body was all stiff and sore. He looked towards the doorway to see an old woman that looked way too familiar. "Wait... Mistake!?" He jumped up from where he was lying down, his eyes wide.

"Who else? Little Wu or Garmadon?" Mistake chuckled as she rumaged through one of the boxes that was on the ground, "I'm glad you woke up, dearie. I was starting to get annoyed from your loud snoring. I was even thinking of cutting your throat tissues or something."

"WHAT!?"

"Oh yes, your lucky that your aren't one of those stubborn hybrid family. I used to much worse things to them, especially your master's father. He snored so loud that I could hear him from the other side of the town! His sons were the same! At least the kit stopped his snoring, or I might've cursed them for centuries!"

"Wait, you almost cursed Master Wu and Garmadon?"

"Of course! They got to be thankful for that kit, unless it was for him, all of them would've had some troubles with their pillows."

"Pillows? What do-"

Suddenly, a tea cup was shoved to his mouth, forcing down liquid that tasted like rotten apples with Cole's socks. "Agh!" He coughed as the cut was removed from his mouth, "WHAT was that!?"

"Oh, don't be such a baby. I gave you the most decent tasting one that I had for your kind of treatment," said Mistake as the cup disappeared in purple smoke.

"How-"

"Oni powers, dear. I'm surprised that you're just sitting here asking questions. The onis are still here, you know."

Jay's brain took some moment to process that, and when it did, his memory of how he fell into the darkness popped up in his brain. "I'm ALIVE? HOW!?"

"Oh no, you were a statue when I found you, just like the others. I just brought you back and healed you up," Mistake laughed like it was the most obvious thing ever, "And before you ask why and how I did that... Let's just say that a certain kit had to... Eh, sacrifice something."

"A certain kit?" Jay asked, confused. He wanted to ask more, but the light suddenly flickered, "What...?"

"They are here. You should leave now if you want to go help your friends. The spell will keep you safe from the mist, but I'm not sure how long your friends have until the Omega attack them," The old woman said as she pushed Jay up and nudged him to a window near them.

"What about you?" Jay asked as he put his hood up.

"I'll be fine. I'll meet you there, dear," she said as she pushed Jay off the window, making him almost land face-flat on the ground. When the blue ninja looked towards the window, the old woman was gone.

'Let's go, your friends need you. But I wonder who that "Kit" was... and  what he had to do. Or why he did it...' Jay thought as he ran towards the monastery.

(Meanwhile, in the monastery...)

(Kai's pov)

"It's done," Kai smiled, very proud of himself. His friends and Masters were behind him, waiting for him to show them the new golden weapons.

"Scythe of Quakes," Kai pulled out a golden scythe and handed it to Cole. When the golden weapon made contact with the black ninja, the earth shook slightly.

"Shurikens of Ice," Kai gave the two shurikens to Zane, which got covered in frost for a second when Zane touched it.

"Sword of Fire," Kai grabbed his own sword. It glowed red and became warm.

"Lastly, the Nunchucks of Lightning..." Kai saw everyone's face darken, of course the lightening ninja was no longer here with them, he felt dumb. Than he looked at Nya and went up to her, handing her the nunchuck.

"What? No, Kai... I can't," His sister looked startled, trying to push the nunchuck away.

"Yes you can. Besides, Jay would wanted you to use it for him if he couldn't," He looked around to see his teammates nodding in agreement.

"Kai's right, Nya. You deserve that more than any of us. For us and Jay," Harumi smiled, reassuringly. 

His sister looked uncertain, but she took the Nunchucks of Lightning and nodded, saying, "For Jay."