Chapter 27: Yin

Long chapter, about 1260 words. But hey! I managed to write it before the weekend ended! I don't think I'll write a Christmas chapter for this story. Sorry for those who were looking forward to it.

Now on with the story!

(Kai's Pov)

As Lloyd passed us, the silver light consumed our body. The silver light slowly turning into our own respective color. I felt so light and energetic, like I could summon my flames for hours without tiring myself. I looked at others to see that they were in awe and their eyes were glowing with their respective color too. 

"This feels... different from the crystals," Harumi stated, her eyes glowing green.

"Yeah, it feels like I'm my power itself. Like I have become my elemental powers," Nya nodded.

I was about to say something, but before I can, Lloyd got sent flown back and crashed into me, knocking both of us down. 

"Kai! Lloyd!" the others shouted around us.

"I'm fine," I said, "Lloyd are you ok?"

"I'm fine," the blond said, but I could tell that he in fact was not fine. The silver, gold, and purple glow had now dimmed around his body and his eyes looked tired, sleepy, and red from crying(?I'm not sure). He also looked and was panting like he just ran marathons. 

"Come on, are you guys going to fight them or not?" he asked, getting up.

"Oh yeah, let's go guys!" Harumi nodded. They all ran towards the Omega and the Overlord, who both looked in a pretty bad shape from Lloyd's attack(whatever it was), shouting, "Ninja go!"

"You sure you're ok?" I heard Morro ask Lloyd.

"I'm not dead yet," Lloyd said, "I would prefer just staying back and letting all of you guys go ahead and use my powers, but they made it a bit too personal for that."

"What do you mean, personal?" I asked.

"Wow, ever heard of privacy?" Lloyd said, rolling his eyes, "Come on, let's go."

As Lloyd ran off, Morro sighed then whispered at me, "He's very sensitive about it, if it's what I think it is. I'll tell you and maybe others later." Then ran off too, which I followed.

(Lloyd's Pov)

They were fighting. The Omega and the Overlord looked overwhelmed almost. The attack he did, lunging himself towards them and making himself a bomb... It almost worked. Unfortunately, the two evil beings realized what he was doing and threw him back, resulting in only the half of the damage he was aiming for. 

Though of course, since he made himself a bomb, he would've died. But since he didn't, now he's body was slowly breaking apart from inside. 

On the good side, the ninjas were crushing the 2 beings. They didn't hesitate or looked overwhelmed by his powers, so that was good(even if it was making his body break apart even faster). He would even believe it if the 2 beings were just going easy on them and letting them think that they are winning.

Wait... This is too easy.

"Enough!" The Overlord growled, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Pure darkness blasted out of the Overlord, knocking back everyone. Coldness swirled around him, his worst fears flashing in his head, just like what happened after the accident, or when the Omega and Overlord sent the "distraction" to him, or whenever the Overlord wanted to escape from him.