Chapter 12: Accident

One side of my mind: Didn't u say that u r gonna upload it during the weekends?

The other side: ...

One side of my mind: ...

The other side: 

One side of my mind:

The other side: Well, anyways!

Hi!

So, this chapter will be sad for Jaya fans and it will include angst. Also, in this chapter, Cole might sound like a bad person. But that is not the case, he just care about his teammates a lot. I tried to do it with other characters, but it didn't fit well with the story. So srry for Cole fans(I don't hate Cole, I actually think he's a really good character). 

Anyways, sorry for the whole yapping. On with the story!

(Nya's Pov)

(Few minutes ago...)

It had happened so quickly. She got the chance to stir the bounty away from the mist's attack. So she ran to the control room, the crystal still in her hand.

She had grabbed the stirring wheel and was reaching for the lever to activate the forward engine(Idk what's it called, but it's that engine that make it go forward). She was ready to pull the lever, when she saw the mist ready to attack Jay, who was annoying to Cole to let him try out the crystal's power. That was when she realized that she still had her crystal in her hands, so looked out the window, calling Jay.

Jay looked her way, she threw her crystal to him. He smiled and grabbed it. She saw the crystal changing it's color to match her boyfriends' gi. She thought nothing could go wrong, she thought all of them, even Lloyd can return to the monastery in one piece.

But the destiny hated ninjas for some reason, and it sent shock through Jay's body as it flashed yellow and white, like a lightening striking the ground. The shock threw Jay to the railing.

"Jay!" She cried out in horror.

She saw Jay trying to balance himself. She felt her legs moving, running towards him to pull him back. She saw her teammates running towards him, shouting his name. But it was too late, Jay fell. With the retreating mist, he disappeared in the mist.

(Present)

I fell to the ground, crying. I just lost Jay, she gave her crystal to him and something happened, making him to get thrown to the railing, losing his balance and falling to his ....... end.

I felt a pair of familiar arms around me, embracing me. More pairs of arms wrapped around me. I heard voices telling me that he will be fine, that he will come back. After what felt like eternity, I felt the bounty moving and a stern voice, making me look up. Lloyd stood in front of me, his face emotionless, the air around him cold. Something told me that he was different. I noticed that the other felt the same thing as me from their confused faces.

"What?" Cole growled.

"Get up," Lloyd said, "Sitting here and crying wouldn't help."

"How can you say that?" Cole asked, clearly mad, "Do you not see that we just lost Jay!?"

"The onis are coming. They are marching towards the monastary. The fate of your city is on you guys' shoulder. But you chose to cry over one tragic event? Get hold of yourselves."

"Jay was our friend, family, a brother. He was Nya's boyfriend. We just lost someone we loved, who we went through many dangers together. We don't know if he's alive or dead, and you are here, telling us to get up!?" Cole yelled, stepping in front of Lloyd.

"Cole," I heard Zane and Harumi warning him not to continue, but it seemed like Cole ignored that.

"Someone died, do you not notice that?"

"I am very well aware of it," Lloyd stated calmly, his expression not changing, though he sounded way more older than before, "Though just like I said, crying about it wouldn't help the situation."

Cole looked really mad. I knew from experience that he was very sensitive of these kind of topics. I saw Morro and Kai exchanging looks, like they were afraid of what will happen next.

"Do you even care about other's feelings?" Cole muttered under his breath, but his voice was loud enough for all of us to hear.

"Excuse me?" Lloyd asked, even though I was sure that he heard loud and clear what Cole had said.

"I said, do you even care about other's feelings? Do you care about anyone else other than yourself, Lloyd?"

"Cole, stop," Morro tried to stop Cole, though Cole just ignored this.

"I don't know what happened before, but you blew up the palace and killed two people that adopted you and cared about you. You tricked all of us by acting like you were a kind, innocent prince. Than when you got locked up and the onis came, you suddenly decided to help us. Than it was revealed that you were the son of Master Garmadon, who was thought to be dead. Showed that you had this crazy power that is more confusing than Harumi's power. Came back from the mist with wings, horns, and other dragon/oni things, confused us more with your power. Than when we thought you were good, you suddenly change 360°! You never call Master Wu, your mom or dad like they are your family. Do you even care about other people? Who ARE you really?"

Cole paused to catch his breath. All of us was very surprised at his actions and him just summarizing everting that happened and out questions. Though Master Garmadon looked a bit uncomfortable at the last part and Morro and Kai kept exchanging worried looks at each other. Lloyd was the same, blank and emotionless expression, though his eyes looked a bit less fierce.

"I'm not wasting my time on this," Lloyd said after a moment as he turned and started walking away.

"Huh? Hey!" Cole shouted. But Lloyd kept walking away. When he was just about to pass the doorway to below deck, Cole angrily shouted, "So you are gonna run away?"

The air suddenly became cold, like freezing cold. Even Morro, Master Garmadon, Zane, and Pixal, who almost never felt cold, looked like they were freezing. Not to mention that Kai, who always have a higher body temperature thanks to his elemental power didn't seem to be working.

"Run away..." Lloyd chuckled, his voice low and frightening. It sent shivers down my back. "Huh."

The surroundings got dark, it felt like I was in complete darkness with no ground or any warmth around me. I couldn't feel Kai's hand on my shoulder or the ground I was on, just endless void. My worst fear and thoughts started to try to crawl out and take form in the darkness. I couldn't stop my trembling, my heart was beating so fast that I could hear it in my head. My breath started to become shaky and I tried to reach out to hold on to something, only meeting with nothing. 

But then, the darkness suddenly disappeared as fast as it appeared. I could feel the ground, Kai's hand on my shoulder, and the air was back to it's normal temperature. I looked towards Lloyd, and for a second, I saw a little boy, scared and filed with guilt. But that boy was dragged back by the emotionless mask only to be replaced by it. I also saw Morro beside him telling him something that I couldn't hear from where I was. 

"Sorry," he murmured, "I'll see what I can do with your teammate." 

He walked down below deck. Morro looked back at Kai and Master Garmadon, sending them a look that I couldn't understand. Than he followed Lloyd to below deck.

We just stayed still as the bounty moved itself somehow. Minutes later, Pixal broke the silence.

"It looks like we have arrived."

We looked to where she was looking, and saw the monastery coming into the view.

Oh jeez, I'm terrible at writing Jaya. I'm so srry for Jaya fans. This took an hour to write. I guess it's because I kept changing how much lore I wanted to put in this chapter.  Also, should I add Jaya on the tags?

P.S: Thank you so much for 800+ reads!

P.S.S: I finally put Pixal's line in here! Yay!

Sunflower Out!