Chapter 17: They are coming

Hi! So, some Misako &Lloyd and Misako & Garmadon interaction in here. It might be really bad because I actually had no idea how to make the start of the battle with the onis smooth. 

(Misako's Pov)

Misako had seen a lot of things in her life, though it was nothing compared to what her husband and Wu had seen. She had felt many emotions, some good, and some bad. Some really bad, just like when she heard that her own son had left her thousands of years ago. But now, when she realized that he was in fact alive this whole time and had changed entirely, now that was on a whole different level. 

In her memories, her son had been cheerful and bright. Feeling like he had to help everyone that needed it, even an ant, trapped in a puddle during a rainy day.  He had a crazy obsession to candies and sweets, especially pillow mints(why? She didn't know). He was clumsy and would randomly trip on air.

But now was different. He didn't acknowledge her as his family member. He gave her cold looks and never talked directly to her. Even when he and the ninjas came back, losing Jay, and after that accident, he still acted cold around her.

(Flashback, few hours ago when the ninjas just broke the news about losing Jay)

(Still Misako's Pov)

Misako knocked on the locked door. She was in the bounty, blow deck, waiting for her son to open the door for her. She had just heard from Morro the accident that happened after losing Jay, and she was worried for Lloyd.

"Lloyd, I know you're in there," she said to the door, "Just because I'm not an oni, it doesn't mean I don't have better hearing than humans."

No answer.

"It's ok if you don't want to talk back to me," Misako sighed, "But can you please open the door? I wouldn't go in if you don't want me to. I just want to see if you're alright."

The door didn't budge nor there was an answer.

"If you aren't going to open the door for me, at least tell me that you're alright."

"...I'm fine," Lloyd said after a moment of silent, his tone cold.

"Ok, dear. If you need anything ask me ok? I don't know what happened to you when you were absent, but know that no matter what, I'm your mother and I love you ok?" Misako waited, but Lloyd didn't said anything, "You sure you aren't gonna open the door?"

"Go away," said Lloyd coldly. Misako could hear something after that, but she couldn't exactly make the words out and her son's coldness hurt her more than the most powerful poison she got poisoned in her life. She choked back the sadness and hurt in her voice as she said, "I love you," before going away like her son wished.

(End of flashback)

Misako had talked to Wu, Garmadon, and Morro about Lloyd and what had happened during the fight with the onis. She heard how Lloyd and Morro had gotten injured. Lloyd using his power too much that even his shapeshifting wore off, Jay falling off, and Lloyd's accident with the power.

She also noted that Lloyd had somewhat warmed up to Morro, while completely avoiding herself and Garmadon.

Speaking of Garmadon, her husband was still trying to process that Lloyd was his son. Misako felt bad for him, she tried to help him as much as she can, but she had been away on a mission most of Lloyd's childhood, leaving him with Garmadon and Wu.  She regretted that a lot, how she had left her son to wait for her everyday and how she wasn't there when he needed her the most. No wonder he opened up to Morro instead of her, the young raven was always there for him.

"Misako, are you ready?" her husband's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. 

"Wh- what did you say, Garmadon?"

"Are you thinking about Lloyd dear?"

"...Yes. I just can't... I don't know."

"I don't remember well, but I'm sure there's a reason why Lloyd is acting like this," Garmadon reassured her, wrapping his arms her gently, "It will be ok."

"Mmhm, thank you, Garmadon. I'm ready now."

Together, they walked out to the gates of the monastery, where the ninjas, Wu, and Lloyd was. Wu looked old and grim, but fierce, she saw the once young master leading the elementary masters to the battle in his eyes. The ninjas looked brave, which Misako felt sorry for, they had gone through too much at a young age. Lloyd... Well, he won't still meet her nor Garmadon's eyes, and he definitely looked a bit tired still, which pained Misako. He had taken his hood off, revealing his horns and pointed ear. His blond hair was tied into a ponytail and there was random purple, gold, or silver scales along his cheeks and neck.

"Now then, good luck everyone," said Wu as the horn blew, signaling that the onis were only a few dozen steps away from them.