Part 13: Shadow

(A few thousand years ago...)

(Wu's Pov)

It was around noon in the summertime and it was burning out there. At least that's what the humans felt like in this weather, but not for Wu. Thanks to his dragon and oni genes, he didn't feel too much cold or heat. So wearing a white sensei robe was no problem at 86 fahrenheit/30 degrees.

"Uncleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee," a squicky voice whined behind Wu.

"Yes, nephew?"

"I'm hottttttttt," His nephew whined. Wu could hear his tiny tail thumping on the floor, "How are you surviving in that white robe that has wool in it?"

"Well nephew, when your scales become stronger, you won't feel too much cold or heat. So it doesn't matter what you wear."

"And when will that be?"

"I don't know. It's always different for every onis and dragons. Like your father got it when he was past 5000 years old, while Morro got his few years ago when Mistake found him."

"That's not fair though!" his nephew huffed, his tail thumping on the ground more quicker to show his annoyance. Than Wu's son, Morro came around the corner, making his nephew's frown into a wide, innocent, grin. "Morro!"

Wu chuckled as the little blond ran towards Morro. He was a bit surprised at how fast the little tri-breed's mood can change so quickly, but he didn't question it. Instead, he smiled as the two boys started walking away together. 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Wu sat with his brother on the front deck(Idk what to call it), watching Morro teaching Lloyd in the training area. Morro was trying to teach Lloyd the basics of airjitzu.

"You gotta jump, than do the spinjitzu, not the other way around," Morro instructed.

"But it's hard starting spinjitzu in the air!" Lloyd whined, "And the weather isn't helping either."

"Don't blame it on the weather, Lloyd," said Morro as his dark green and black tail started thumping on the ground with annoyance. 

"Easy for you to say! You don't get effected by this heat!" Lloyd grumbled as his hand went up in the air, than laid down on the ground with a little "thump".

"Come on, Yin. All of us are hot too, our scales doesn't do much," said Garmadon.

"You're wearing a robe that has wool in it, same with uncle too," Lloyd pointed out.

Garmadon looked down to see what he was wearing, and indeed it had wool inside it. He sighed and held up his hand in a alright-you-got-me kind of gesture.

"Come on, Lloyd. I gave you some break time, so it's time for training," Morro nudged Lloyd with the end of his tail.

"Ughhhhh. Do I have to?" Lloyd groaned.

"Yes. You know the rule. Unless you are sick, injured, or the weather is bad like raining, you are going to train," Morro said, than his face became pale like he realized his mistake. Wu and Garmadon stood up, knowing what might happen.

"I wish it was raining," Lloyd mumured under his breath, than he too became pale. Quickly getting up and panicking. "No, no, no, I don't want rain. I don't want rain!"

But it was too late. The ground around Lloyd started to glow silver and the bright, clear blue sky began to darken with rain clouds.

"Nephew, you got to control your power!" Wu shouted as strong gust of wind started to blow.