Ninjas in Love

(Brielle) 

My dad was staying with us on the bounty now, so he wouldn't be captured again by the Arachneions.  

Today, two days after I had rescued my dad, was a slow one. There was no Arachneion activity as far as we were concerned, so we decided to take a day off. On this particular day in July, the Mega-Monster Amusment park was open. We decided to go there and just hang out. 

"C'mon guys, we're here!" Nya announced from the deck. 

I went outside, wearing a blue tank top and Jean shorts with green and black Nikes. Nya was wearing an orange off the shoulder crop top with a golden camisole underneath and golden sandals.  

"I've never actually been to this park," I told her. 

She looked at me, wide eyed. "Really?" Nya asked. 

I nodded, "Really." 

"Well, you're really gonna like it! It's so much fun! I had my first date with Jay here and he had been bitten by a Fangpyre Serpentine, so he was turning into a snake! We went into a crazy battle and the guys found out that I was the Samurai!" Nya explained. "Oh, and Jay earned his True Potential!"

I chuckled, picturing Jay as a Serpentine. Speaking of the guys, where were they?  

As if on cue, they all came out of the cabin into the blazing Summer heat. Cole wore a plain grey tee with black cargo shorts. Zane had on a plaid tee shirt with brown cargo shorts, Jay was wearing a black and blue tank top with blue running shorts, and Kai had on a red tee shirt with random Jean shorts. They all wore sneakers. 

"Are Lloyd, Sensei, and my dad coming?" I asked curiously. 

"No, Sensei is gonna try and find out what the Arachneions are up to, and your father needs rest," Zane explained. 

"And Lloyd is coming," Kai started, "but he's still asleep, the little weirdo, and won't be there til later." 

I laughed at this comment. 

"Well what are we waiting for?" Jay asked, "Let's go have some fun!" 

(Cole) 

I was going to do it today. I was going to ask Brielle out. Yes, I know we've been 'together' but we haven't actually been going out, so today I was going to ask her on a date. Not now of course, but later, when we were alone. 

Jay had talked me into it last night in our room. He suggested the same place that he took Nya on their first date, and I agreed that it was a good choice. Now, all I had to figure out was how to ask her. 

"What should we do first?" Brielle asked cheerily, once we were in the park. 

She held up a map of the place in her tanned arms. Her strawberry blonde curls fell down to her stomach, falling down her back gorgeously. Her sea blue eyes sparkled as her freckled face lit up with excitement. I felt myself staring at her and quickly looked away. 

"How about the Kraken Coaster?" Jay suggested. 

I nodded. "Sounds great! What do you suggest, Zane?" 

"Whatever you guys want is fine with me," Zane remarked. 

"Well, I do like roller coasters.." Brielle admitted. 

"Well it's settled then! The ride is that way!" Nya exclaimed, and began to walk in the direction of the attraction. 

Standing in the line for the ride was enough to get me a bit nervous. The roller coaster had towering, steep slopes and loops that could make anyone want to vomit. As we inched closer to the gate, the line moving like a snail, I couldn't help but get scared. 

But, glancing over at Brielle, whom was jumping with excitement, made me feel calm. 

"Bro, you nervous?" Jay asked. 

"What? No! There isn't anything in this world that I'm afraid of!" I declared. 

"Well, you sure are sweating up a storm there," Kai remarked. 

"It is the middle of July, and very humid out here with a lot of people," Zane said from nowhere. 

I nodded. "Thanks," I whispered to him. 

Zane just smiled. 

Eventually, we were to get on the ride. I sat in a car with Brielle, Jay with Nya, and Kai when with Zane. Lloyd had turned up at the last minute and was sitting with some random kid in the back. The machine jolted, and I gulped. 

Brielle looked over to me with this gorgeous, sparkling eyes. I smiled, and she entwined her fingers with mine. 

And then, the coaster came to life. 

(Brielle) 

Tik-tik-tik-tik... The car slowly moved up the track. My mind buzzed with excitement. I hoped that my heartbeat wasn't loud enough for Cole to hear, or that my palms weren't too sweaty. Slowly, we reached the top of the track. I could see everything from up here. It was beautiful to behold. 

"Brielle?" Cole asked all of a sudden. 

"Yeah?" I replied. 

"Uh, will you go out with me?" he asked. 

The roller coaster lurched forward with surprising speed. It zoomed down the steep slope and up another one in a flash. Around and around we went, up and down hills, and even upside down a couple of times.  

"WOOH HOO!"I shouted. 

"YEAHH!!!" I heard Jay cry. 

The wind whistled in my ears and my eyes reared slightly. 

And, suddenly, the coaster slowed and we pulled into the end of the track. I got out, my knees feeling like Jelly.  

"That. Was. Awesome!" Kai cried out. 

I went over to Cole. His black hair was windswept in a sexy sort of way.  

"Yes." 

(Cole) 

That evening, Brielle and I went to a nice little Bistro in the city. I wore a nice shirt with a black tie and pants, and she had on a pretty silver dress that sparkled in the light. Her hair was straightened, which made it even longer and slightly more beautiful than usual.  

"You look stunning," I said. 

Brielle blushed adorably. "Thanks...you look pretty good yourself." 

After a delicious dinner we walked around the city and played around. 

"Hey, you wanna pretend we're some rich, fancy, persnickety couple touring the city?" Brielle suggested playfully. 

"And scoff at just about everything we see?" I added. 

"Oh my god yes!" 

I smirked. "I feel like a sir," I remarked in a posh accent. 

"Why, my good man, you look simply dashing," Brielle replied. "Would you like to go into that lovely store down the road?" Brielle asked in a British accent. 

I snorted a little, "Of course, my lady." 

Together, we walked around, pretending to be snobs to anyone who came near. After our walk, we got some ice cream and headed back to the bounty. 

Once back home, Brielle and I walked inside, ready to part ways. It was late, and everyone was already asleep. "Well, I'm afraid the time has come to say farewell, Madame," I said. 

Brielle giggled. "Until the morrow, sir." 

And with that, she leaned in and kissed me. I was a bit shocked at first, but then immediately melted into the kiss. We stood there for what seemed like hours, in the middle of the hallway, lost in our own romantic world.  

Brielle eventually pulled away, slowly.  

"See you," she whispered, her voice back to normal. 

"Bye," I replied softly. 

We parted ways. As I made my way to my room, my heart fluttered and my insides tingled.  

I was in love.