The Dream, the Morning, and the News.

(Brielle)

"Great, now The Silver Ninja has escaped!" Arachne shouted. "What is the Meaning of this? How did this HAPPEN!?"

"W-well... you see, your majesty, we... we don't exactly know. The only thing that we DO know is that the rest of her ninja team showed up and tricked us. They took her away." Shooter explained.

"Well then we must get her back!" The Spider Queen shrieked.

"But, my lady, how?" Camo asked.

"Easy," Spinda suggested, "We lure her here with something she loves deeply. A trap, is what we shall set."

"That is a miraculous idea, Spinda. That is why you are my right hand woman." Arachne smiled with her pointed teeth, pearly white and glinting evilly in the dim light of the torches.

Where was I? The temple of Spiders, obviously. But I had never been in this room before. It was a bit like a conference room. But the table was old and splintered, and instead of the practical faux leather swivel chairs, were large stones. How did I get here? Why was everything so fuzzy and hazed? Why couldn't I move? Wait... was I dreaming?

I found it extremely odd that I was aware that I was dreaming. I didn't think that you could be aware that you were dreaming in a dream. Could you?

But, any-who, I was dreaming. And seeing that I was seemingly invisible to the Arachneion leaders, I decided to keep quiet and not move, for fear of becoming visible. Was this actually happening?

"But who shall we capture?" Pouncer wondered aloud.

"The person closest to Brielle, her only living family member." Arachne's grin became wider and more evil.

No.

The dream faded to a room. A room with a single light on, a desk lamp. The room had a bed, a closet, two dressers, and a desk with a computer. There was a computer on the desk, along with the lamp and various office supplies and assorted papers that littered the carpeted floor and desk. In front of the desk was a chair, and in the chair was a man. On the walls of the room were pictures and posters and things. A cork board hung over the desk. There was a ceiling fan, slowly rotating.

I walked over to the man. He was typing something on the computer. It looked like a newspaper article. My eyes began to water. My parents were journalists... wait.

The man, I realized, had thinning blonde hair and rectangular glasses on his brown eyes. He wore a business shirt and tie, with denim jeans and brown UGG slippers. He didn't look to have shaved in a bit, there was a thin layer of stubble on his face.

As I looked at the pictures on the walls, they all seemed to feature a pretty blue eyed, red haired woman and a girl with strawberry blonde hair with a striking resemblance to her mother.

My mother. This man was my dad. I blinked, tears rolling down my cheeks. "Dad!" I cried. "Dad! You're in trouble!"

But he kept rapidly typing the article, unaware of my presence. I hugged him, even if he could not feel it. I hadn't seen my dad in so long... I... I needed to talk to him... tell him he was in danger....

My eyes snapped open. It was still dark, I could hear Nya breathing softly in her bed across the room. I was breathing rapidly, beads of sweat forming on my face. I slowly got out of my bed and splashed cold water on my face. I ran out the door to tell Sensei about my dream.

But when I was about halfway to his room, I realized something. It was about 3:00am, Sensei was probably asleep or something. And another thing, I was still in my pajamas, a loose fitting tank top and short sweat shorts. In the middle of a hallway, where a guy could come around the corner at any minute, because 5 of them lived on the ship.

Crap, crap, crap. I dashed back to my room, fortunately not meeting anyone on the way back. When I passed the guy's room, I tiptoed quietly, as to not wake them. I didn't. I ran to my room and closed the door. I got back into my bed. This could wait til morning.

~

I was shaken awake by Nya, not that I cared, my sleep was dreamless anyway.

"Get up, Brielle! This is urgent! Come quick!" she yelled.

I shot upright and pulled on a sweatshirt and sweatpants. "What? What is it?" I asked, bolting to the door.

"Sensei wants to talk to you," she said gravely, "Follow me."

Nya took me to Sensei's room, in which I had only entered twice before. Everyone else was already there, in their pajamas. It was still semi dark out, probably only 6 or 7 in the morning.

"Ah Brielle. You're up. I have just received notice from the smokes about something terrible." Sensei started.

"What is it?" I asked anxiously. It was about my dad. I knew it. "Did they do it? Did they capture him?"

"What are you talking about?" Lloyd asked.

"Yeah, Cole's right here," Jay smirked.

"Shut up! This isn't about that him! It's about my father!" I shouted at Jay.

"How did you know?" Sensei asked.

"I had a dream last night. I was going to tell you this morning."

"Brielle, Sensei, what happened?" Cole asked, concerned.

He and Nya were probably the only ones who were, other than me and Sensei. I explained my dream to them.

Sensei was awestruck. "All of you must go and save Brielle's father. If it truly is a trap, which is highly likely, then Brielle will be fine if all of you are there with her."

"Okay," Kai said. "When should we set off?"

"Yeah," Jay said, "We didn't eat breakfast yet!"

"Sorry, but breakfast will have to wait. You must leave as soon as possible. So get dressed, all of you.  I will set course on the Bounty for the Temple of Spiders. Be ready in 30 minutes or less," Sensei explained. "You are all dismissed."