The Rainy Day

(Brielle)

I woke up dreamily, having slept marvelously that night. Nya was in the shower, I could hear it running softly from the bathroom off of our room. I sat up and yawned, smiling, recalling last night. I stretched my arms wide and stepped out of bed, unsure what to do. Something on the table next to my bed caught my eye.

I walked over to it. A rose lay there on the wood, with a card attached. I beamed, realizing at once who it was from. I picked up the rose delicately and detached the card. I opened it slowly and read the inside.

Brielle-

I love you more than the stars, all along, you were the missing piece of my heart.

             -Cole <3

I felt my heart do a somersault inside my chest. So he felt the same way as I did. He loved me back.

I heard the shower turn off, and Nya came out a moment later in a bathrobe. I lightly skipped into the bathroom, feeling light and elated.

~

I walked quietly into the training room in a tee shirt and running shorts and gazed at the practice area before me. I decided I needed more training. I tied my wet hair in a bun and pressed the red button on the pedestal next to the door. The machines of the training course whirred and buzzed to life, softly vibrating the ship.

I flicked out my fans and went over to a dummy, my socks padding the wood floor.

"Here we go," I breathed.

I visioned the dummy looking like Arachne and almost growled with anger and disgust. I punched the spinning dummy hard in the chest, and kicked it in the same area. Flinging a fan at the dummy's cloth head, spinning, jumping, and doing a flip in the air. The fan hit the dummy square in the face, and I retrieved the fan mid-flip, landing on my feet. I then spun and kicked another dummy, jumping up to the the planks, that resembled trees, that bounced up and down.

I hopped swiftly over the first two, but didn't notice the third and went flying backwards, landing on my back on the hard wood floor with an oof!

I heard movement by the door, and sprung up and turned in the direction. Standing there was my dad, who watched me, a small smile on his face.

"Hey dad," I said, walking over to him, "What are you doing here?"

"Just seeing what you were up to..." he replied simply.

I could hear rain pounding outside on the roof of the cabin and deck of the ship.

"Oh... sorry about that... didn't see the plank there... heh.." I mumbled.

"That's fine. I can see though, that you are a really good fighter."

"Really?" I asked, beaming. I couldn't remember the last time I was praised by dad.

He nodded.

"Want to see me do the whole thing?"

"Why not?" He shrugged.

I smiled at his quiet nature and leaped back toward the beginning of the course. I stared at the whirring machines. Smirking to myself, wanting to make my father proud, I sprang onto the first obstacle- the planks again.

This time, I nimbly hopped over each one, and landed on the panel to the next obstacle- swords and axes. Running, I jumped over a sword here, dodged an axe there, ducked and spun, jumped and slid under an axe smoothly, flipping onto another obstacle.