Ninjas at the Beginning

(Brielle)

Arachne's red eyes looked deep into mine. Was she waiting for me to make the first move? I didn't understand why she wasn't attacking... didn't she want to get this over with? My blue eyes darted to the cage where the others were being held captive- to find that it was empty! The two guards lay on the ground, unconscious. The Spider Queen followed my gaze and gasped, her eyes narrowing.

"Whatever," she hissed, "They don't matter right now. All that counts is me killing you."

My eyes grew wide. "Well," I spat, "You can try."

"Oh ho!" Arachne laughed, "I will, and trust me, I will succeed."

"Don't be so sure," I added under my breath. "Let's get this shit over with. COME AT ME!" I cried, fans in the air.

Arachne gave a fanged smile and pounced on top of me, her sword held high. "THIS WAS WAY TOO EASY!" she cackled.

Nope.

Summoning my inner element, I forced strong currents to blow Arachne off of my chest. There was no holding back. I closed my eyes as I stood up, unleashing my full potential. "Ninja-GO!" I screeched, going into a mega tornado. This Spinjitzu form was larger than usual, but smaller than the Tornado of Creation. I supposed it was because it was my job to create tornadoes anyway. 

I spun over to the dazed Arachne, spinning her around. I came out of my cyclone, hovering in the air. Once she had regained her footing, the Arachneion Leader looked me in the eye. "You think you're so tough, so great," she snarled, "But I am greater! I am the master of spiders, my element is fear! I CAN DO SPINJITZU TOO!" she yelled. "NINJA-GO!"

And like that, before my eyes, Arachne swirled into a pitch black Spinjitzu. What the heck? The tornado jumped up, knocking me to the ground, I stood up. "NINJA-GO!" I shrieked, going into my silver cyclone of the element of air. 

Our tornadoes collided knocking us around. I could hear Arachne's maniacal laughter through the mist, the cheers of the Arachneions in the stands. Suddenly, Arachne's tornado came out of nowhere, knocking me over with surprising force. I came out of my Spinjitzu and true potential. Arachne had me pinned down, her face inches from mine. She was so close, I could smell her nasty breath. It reeked of something truly horrible.

Blood.

As she had knocked me over, I dropped my fans, and they were flung into the dirt, yards away. I was defenseless, and this... monster was on top of me, making me unable to move.

"What have we here?" Arachne cooed. "A poor, defenseless ninja who should've held her tongue, because NEWS FLASH, GIRLY!" she cackled, "You're about to DIE!"

The Queen of Spiders took her sword blade and held it against my neck. It began to dig into the cloth of my hood, and soon, into my skin, making me groan in pain. That blade was sharp.

"On another thought," Arachne spoke up, stopping the sword-pressing, "I want to see your pathetic face when you die," She whispered, yanking off my hood. "YA HEAR THAT, NINJA?" she shouted to the cieling, "IF YOUR UP THERE, YOUR GONNA WATCH HER DIEEEEE! AND THERE'S NOT ONE DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!"

I knew that somehow, they would find a way to help. That, or I would have to find my own strength. I wasn't totally sure. But, one thing was for certain; Arachne is a complete and utter psychopath.

(Nariah)

There was that ninja, the hot red one. I scooted towards him. "What's your name?" I asked quietly, "I dunno if you know, but I'm Nariah."

He turned to me with those gorgeous green eyes. "Kai," he replied. "And, yeah, I know. Nariah is a really pretty name."

I could feel myself blushing under my hood. Kai... wow. "Thanks," I smiled, knowing he couldn't see it.

But something broke us out of our trance. Arachne's shrieks, saying that Brielle was going to die. We all looked down at the arena below us. The monster woman had pinned Brielle to the ground and ripped off her hood, pressing a huge sword to her throat.

"You're gonna die slowly," I heard Arachne tell her. "And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it."

"I sense that now would be a good time to step in and help Brielle," Zane announced.

"I agree," Nya nodded. Let's go.

Silently, we climbed down to the stands, moving in the shadows. Making our way down to Brielle and Arachne, I couldn't keep my eyes off of Kai. Shaking my head, I knew that there were more pressing matters at hand. I turned back to watch the scene unfolding in the arena. Brielle was beginning to scream right as we hand hopped down into the dust where she was lying, a few yards away. 

"Guys, look," I pointed out, "Her fans." I pointed to Brielle's fan blades, lying in the dirt in the middle of us and them.

"We'll get them on our way over," Cole replied.

"What's our plan?" asked Jay, crouched in the dark. 

"Let's wait for the right moment to go in and help, maybe we can get a good opening line to say," Kai chuckled.

Cole elbowed him. "Kai, this is no time for jokes."

I found his sense of humor called for. It lightened the mood.

"Yes!" Arachne cried, "Scream! Shout! Cry for all I care! You WILL die in agony!"

Tears were forming on Brielle's face, sliding down her freckled cheeks as she cried out in torture. I couldn't help but tense up. We had to help her- now.

"Oh, and no one is here to save your sorry ass," Arachne laughed.

"Now," Nya whispered.

I bounded over to Arachne, with the others in tow. With a smirk on my lips, I lightly tapped Arachne on the shoulder. Her head whipped around, her red eyes widened in shock.

"I wouldn't be so sure," I declared. "I'm pretty sure that we can save Brielle, unless, that is, you were talking about my fists. But they can help save her too." 

Arachne raised an eyebrow. "That makes no sense!" Brielle stared at me in confusion.

"How about now?!" I shouted, and punched Arachne's sorry ass in the face.