Ninjas return.

(Nya)

I paced the deck of the bounty, worried. The ninja had set off to find Brielle almost 2 days ago!

They still weren't back.

I wondered what could have happened to them. Were they in trouble? How much trouble? Where they hurt? Dead even? The thought made my vision blurry and my eyes began to water. I then heard the sound of about 4 vehicles... Could it be?

I turned. It was. Jay's jet was zooming towards the ship, and I could hear the others climbing up. Jay landed and got out. I rushed over to hug him. "They're back!" I called.

Lloyd and Sensei came rushing out from the cabin. "What took you guys so long? Lloyd asked.

They looked confused. "What do you mean?" Kai asked, "We've only been gone a couple of hours."

"Not true. You've been gone for almost two days now." I explained. Then I noticed something... something was missing.. or someone. "Where are Cole and Brielle?"

As if right on cue, Cole climbed up onto the deck of the bounty, huffing. And there, in his arms, was the unconscious Brielle.

(Cole)

"What happened to her?" Nya asked in shock, noticing Brielle's limp form in my arms.

I was about to explain when Zane interrupted me. "She just has a little bit of heat exhaustion is all. Brielle should awaken in about an hour or two."

"I'm gonna go put her inside..." I said, leaving them to talk about what had happened.

I walked through the creaking wooden hallways of the Destiny's Bounty until I found Brielle and Nya's room. I opened the door and gingerly placed Brielle on her bed. She was breathing softly, I could tell she was beginning to cool down in the air conditioning that was on, due to the June warmth outside. I pulled a light blanket over her and sat down on the bed next to Brielle, stroking her hair. I leaned over and kissed her forehead gently.

"I love you," I whispered.

I slowly got up and left the room, and as I closed the door, I saw the faintest ghost of a smile on her lips.

-Later that evening-

(Brielle)

My eyelids sprung open.

How long had I been asleep? Where was I? I looked around and sighed. The bounty. I looked out the window by my bed. It was dusk, I saw the sun dipping low in the horizon, almost gone. Something smelled funny-- it was me. Ew. I trudged over to the bathroom and got in the shower. The warm water felt magnificent on my skin, it soothed the aches from being in that hellhole.

I dressed in a soft pink sweatshirt, white tee shirt, and grey sweatpants with some rainbow fuzzy socks and left my room, feeling clean and comfortable. I walked into the kitchen, seeing everyone eating some sort of chicken soup. Perfect for how I was feeling right now. I blew a piece of my damp hair out of my face and smiled. I sat next to Cole, who put his arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed happily.

"I love you too," I whispered.

Cole smiled.

"Brielle, what exactly happened in the temple of Spiders?" Sensei asked, interrupting my moment with Cole. Perhaps it was a good thing, as I could feel a whistle from Jay coming on.

I sat up straight and explained everything to Sensei. How my plane crashed, the entire temple and location, what they were going to do to me, all the Arachneions I'd met, Arachne, the escape, and the hint I left the guys.

"Oh, that reminds me," Cole said. He took out something from his pocket; my locket. I looked up at him and beamed.

"Thanks..." I said. I put it around my neck.

"This means that you must train more than before, and do everything you can to discover you're true potential." Sensei explained.

I nodded and ate some of the soup. It was delicious. "Who made this?" I asked happily.

Nya, who had been quiet all this time, sitting next to Jay, waved her hand. "I did," she smiled, showing her dimples.

"It's awesome," I said.

(Jay)

I think I was over Brielle now. Now that I look back, I know that Nya is the real girl I love. I held her hand under the table.

Nya looked up and blushed a bit, but she was smiling. She leaned against me.

I jumped up. "Wait, before you said that we were gone for two days. How is that possible if we felt like we were only there for a couple of hours?"

"Simple," Zane said, "Under ground we did not know what time it was. We thought that it was still afternoon the whole time, when for part of the time it was actually night."

Made sense.

(Brielle)

After dinner, we all watched a movie (Zane really didn't understand it) with popcorn and hot cocoa. We stayed up late into the night talking about the last couple of days. Sensei eventually came in and told us all to go to sleep, though...

And as I walked into my room with Nya, thinking about everything, I smiled at the nice turnout of the evening.

Lying in a comfortable bed was something I missed after 2 days. I snuggled up in my blankets and closed my eyes, peacefully into a deep sleep.

However, my slumber was not so peaceful.