Ninjas Begin their Battle

(Brielle)

 I gasped through the shrieks escaping my mouth, on account of the searing pain in my abdomen. 

Jay's head snapped over to me. It was clear that Arachne did not yet notice the ninja behind her... that was until Kai noticed Cole's unconscious form slumped on the ground. He gasped in alarm, causing the Spider Queen to stop carving into my skin and whip around. "I thought I trapped you..." she hissed.

"Help!" I squeaked, my voice getting raspy. I realized that I hadn't had anything to eat or drink in a long, long time. I was starting to feel pretty... hollow.

"Ninja usually don't stay trapped very long, you know," Jay sneered.

Arachne twirled the knife in one of her hand, setting down that creepy tube on a table. "Might as well kill you now," she huffed, and then glanced back at me, "I'll finish you later."

I stared as Arachne walked over to a rack of weapons and grabbed a huge sword, walking over to the guys, whom got out their weapons too. A battle commenced between them, but the ninja were obviously winning. Suddenly, I heard a soft groan emit from the ground beside the table I was lying on. Turning my head as much as I could, I saw a bit of movement in the body on the floor. My lips were pressed together tightly, to keep myself from screaming in delight. Cole was okay!

While Arachne battled Jay, Kai, and Zane, I watched as Cole slowly got up from his spot on the ground, a dazed look in his eyes. 

(Cole)

My eyelids shot open. The floor was cold, the sounds of battle filled the air, the lighting was fairly dim. Where was I... oh yeah. Arachne. 

Wait, where was Brielle?! Was she okay?

I tried to get up, but I went blind for a couple seconds. Slower this time, I stood up and looked around. Jay, Kai, and Zane were fighting Arachne, and, winning. Brielle was strapped to the table that I had been, a wound on her stomach bleeding.

"Cole!" she mouthed, a smile of relief spreading across her face. I noticed there was another cut on her neck, and probably a few bruises on her body. I smiled back, glancing around. Silently, I crept over to a cabinet that was labeled Gauze and Bandages. I grabbed some supplies and patched up Brielle's stomach wound, surprised that no one but Brielle had noticed me. Next, I unchained Brielle from her table. She stepped off and hugged me, running to grab her fan blades from the floor.

"Hey Arachne!" She called out, "Let's finish this."

The Queen of Spiders stopped fighting the ninja and turned on the spot, her mouth hung over in shock. "H-how did you?" her red eyes rested on me. "Oh. The potion wore off." Her midnight black face formed into a scowl.

"Cole!" Kai cried out, "You're okay!"

"Yeah yeah," I muttered.

Arachne glanced at us and then looked at Brielle. "Alright," she declared, "Well, this is no place for a 'final battle'," she used air quotes around those words, "So let us find a more suitable location!"

With an evil laugh, Arachne clapped all six of her hands, and the world went into a poof of smoke.

Within a few minutes, my vision cleared. We were now in a vast cavern, similar to the one where Brielle had been trapped in a cage over the acidic lava. Man, that seemed so long ago, but it was really only a couple days. Anyways, this cavern did not, however, have a huge pit of acidic lava. It was all dirt-stone floor. Along the walls were stands, filled with Arachneions, big and small. Jay, Kai, Zane and I stood off to one side, in a cage, with two Pouncenari stationed in front, each holding our weapons. 

Brielle stood in the center of the room, her silver hood flipped up, the holes in her gi patched up somehow. She was in a fighting stance, her fans at ready. Across from her, a few feet away, stood Arachne. The Spider Queen wore black leggings and ninja type shoes, with a maroon gi top with a spider shaped pin on it. Around her waist was a black belt. Arachne's hair was tied up in a stiff bun. She, too, stood in a fighting stance, holding a sword.

"Alright Silver Ninja!" Arachne called, "Make your move!"

(Nariah)

Nya and I sat in the game room, watching TV, Lloyd reading a comic book. All was calm, but I couldn't help but worry about Brielle and the other ninja. One of the ninja kept crossing my mind, the one in red. I remember seeing his face, with his sparkling green eyes and messy brown hair. He was pretty cute, if only I knew his name...

I was about to ask Nya which one he was, when Sensei Wu burst in through the door, his face aggravated.

"Uncle Wu, what's wrong?" Lloyd asked.

"The... the final battle between Brielle and Arachne," he gasped, "It... it has begun."