Chapter 10

I drove back around towards home so I could pick up Mallory. We had decided to go to the game together then head straight for Drew's. Even though I knew both Mallory and I would not be drinking I kept telling her I would be the designated driver just so I could show off my new car. I knew the only reason Mal went to these parties was so she could one day say she did experience them, and she loved to dance.

We got to the school, and it was a little overwhelming with how crowded it was. Mallory and I decided to go get something from the concession stand now before the game started. As we approached, we couldn't decide what we wanted so it was a good thing we had several minutes before our turn at the counter. We both decided on a hotdog, chips, and a soda. Mal got a diet Pepsi, and I got my Dr. Pepper.

Walking back to towards the bleachers I glanced to my left looking at Mal to ask her what time we were going to take off in the morning when suddenly, someone backed into from the right sending my Dr. Pepper and my hotdog flying into my chest and all down the front of my dress.

"I am so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going, and I tripped over my own two feet. I'm so sorry! I know I can't do anything about your dress but please let me replace your dinner for you. Please? It's the least I can do." A deep voice said to me.

As I attempted to wipe some of the ketchup off me, I realized that I was going to need more than a napkin to fix this mess.

"It's ok, don't worry about it, accidents happen." I said as I looked up, coming face to face with startling ocean blue eyes. His dark hair curling the smallest bit across his forehead right above his eyebrows.

"Oh, my goodness girl come on let's get you to the bathroom and get you cleaned up. Good thing I carry backups. Come on now we need to hurry, we can't be M.I.A when Colton comes out, he will never let us live it down. He'd probably say something about us older chicks being to slow to make it on time or some bologna like that. No thanks come on let's hurry up."

Mallory started pulling me along away from the gorgeous stranger that just ruined my favorite dress. Something about those eyes were strangely familiar. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Oh, well my chances of seeing him again were slim to none. He was probably here cheering for the opposite team anyway. I shook my head and focused on the task at hand, trying not to stress too much about what Mal's backups were.