The Watcher

"Great night, everyone!" Ms. Sohee happily said to her employees during the closing time. "I wish you all a good weekend!" She added as she took out the envelopes from the bar top and handed them their paychecks one by one.

"Oh yeah! Spa day for me!" Bom exclaimed happily once she received hers. Trying not to jump with her bare feet, her heels now in her hand.

When it was Dara's turn to receive one, she just bowed to her boss.

"You did good tonight, Dara honey." Ms. Sohee even winked at her.

CL chimed in. "What good? She did great!" She then grinned. "Quicker than Bom too." She laughed when Bom glared at her.

Bom placed her free hand on her waist. "Well, Dara owed me for giving her free makeover today." She pouted.

CL waved her hand as if dismissing Bom. "Yeah, yeah." She just said. "I'm happy to see Dara not looking like a Christmas tree like you though."

"You---! Cat!" Then Bom playfully strangled the laughing CL.

Their other co-workers were just laughing at the two, even Dara as she looked for the band around. They're not here. Then she remembered that the band is paid per gig not monthly like her and the rest.

"Okay, you ladies can stop now, and the rest of you can go home! Go home safe! See you next week!" Ms. Sohee said, still in high spirits. Her bistro bar was doing well so far.

The employees started to leave as ahe took her coat from the chair and put it on. She was already wearing her running shoes, so she didn't have to go back to the girl's locker room like the other girls.

"Bye, Dara!" Bom and CL waved at her. She waved back and bowed at Ms. Sohee, who started closing the bar and turning off the switches.

She headed towards the front door. When she stepped outside into the chilly night, she held her coat closer. It's not even December yet, and it's gotten really cold.

Just in time for the -ONE's LED light in front of the store to switch off, making the entire alley dark now. 'Great,' she thought sarcastically as she blinked her eyes to adjust to the darkness. It was not long before she noticed a shadow in the corner.

Jiyong was already waiting there, leaning against the wall, his hands inside his pockets. He looked like he had been waiting for a while.

He looked up right after she stepped outside and waited for her to reach him.

"It's getting colder these days," she said when she was in front of him, finally deciding that it's better to be on talking terms with Jiyong again than to be awkward with him at all. She could forget, for now, what had happened that night.

She then showed him an envelope and waved it in his face. "I got paid," she said, even cheerily.

He smirked. "That's good," he stated as he tilted his head a bit to the side. "Ready to go?"

She nodded as she yawned too. It's past 2 am. "Yep." She blew on her cold hands. "Let's hurry up because the cold is killing me. Where did you park your car?" She asked, looking around for his old 2007 Honda Civic. When she didn't see it, she glanced at him. "Is it still parked at school?"

-ONE is located on a narrow street and doesn't really have a lot of parking space. So, he sometimes parks his car at school or a few blocks away from -ONE if the band has gigs on Friday. That's the reason the two chose to walk from school to -ONE on Friday nights. The distance is not that far either, especially if they use the shortcut, so it was fine.

He didn't answer her as he put his arms around her. She didn't object, as his body heat actually kept her warm. Plus, he occasionally does this to her, so it's not surprising.

He led her to one corner a few blocks away. "I had my car under maintenance today," he said as they stopped in a corner with multiple motorcycles parked. "So, I brought this instead." He showed her his 2023 Red Ducati bike.

At the sight of it, she frowned. "Bike," she said. "In this weather," she added.

He shrugged as he opened the trunk and took two helmets from there. He handed one to her. "Do you need help with this?" he asked her.

She pouted as she got it and grudgingly wore the helmet. "You know I don't like bikes."

He laughed as he wore his own. He then helped her climb onto the vehicle. "You have no choice. Either walk or ride this."

She huffed. "I already know that, Einstein." She waited for Jiyong to get on the bike too before she wrapped her arms around him. "Make sure not to go too fast. I hate speed."

He laughed, seemingly amused at something. "Hold on tight." He just said as he started the engine.

She closed her eyes as her arms around his waist tightened. The cold wind blew on her face instantaneously, but having him too close to her shielded her from freezing that night.

It was the dead of the night, so there was no traffic. They reached her house in less than 15 minutes.

He slowly stopped the engine as he took off his helmet. He scanned his eyes around Angel Street. Few establishments were still open. Some people outside stopped what they were doing as they looked at Jiyong and Dara.

She took off her helmet as she climbed off the bike. "That was fast." Out of nothing to say as she handed him the helmet back.

He received it as he eyed someone at the back before looking back at her. Her hair disheveled caused by the wind from the ride. He reached out for some strands in front of her face and tucked them behind her ear.

"I tried to slow down," he whispered after.

She rolled her eyes, obviously not believing him. "I'll see you later then for crabs?" She reminded him. She glanced at the house and noticed no lights were on. Her aunt was probably sleeping already.

"What time?" He asked, leaning on his bike and crossing his arms over his chest, watching her.

She glanced at him. "Five pm," she answered as she waved at him, stifling a yawn. "Good night." She then turned her back and started to climb the old stairs to get to her house.

As usual, no thanks from her. He shook his head. He should really get used to that from her. He remained leaning on his bike, watching her until she got inside her house.

"GD."

A woman approached him.

He nodded in acknowledgement. "Jess."

Jess flipped her long hair as she glanced at Dara's house. "She got home late tonight, huh?" She stated.

He didn't answer that. "How's it going there so far?" He asked instead, his voice dangerously low.

Jess smirked. "That bitch Hyorin didn't have any new man the past week or so. So, the house has been quiet." She gave GD a meaningful smile. "Don't worry. The princess is safe." She then opened her hand and offered them to GD.

GD reached under his coat, took some cash, and placed it in Jess's hand. He then turned his back, climbed onto his bike, and started the engine.

Jess playfully offered her hands to the street like for a king as GD ripped through the pavement, driving his bike fast into the night.

—//—//tbc

a/n: :) please comment & vote ☆