We Didn't Start The Fire

They were on their way back to Malcom when Jaejoong decided to stop for gas at the station halfway to Malcom but still in Yorkville territory.

He was outside the car, fueling the tank, and she was on the passenger side checking her phone – 10 unread messages, 5 missed calls from...Jiyong.

Shit, she totally forgot about him.

She was about to read the texts when Jaejoong came to peek through her open window with a grin on his face after finishing filling the tank.

"Aren't you feeling lucky being the first woman riding this beauty of a brand new sports car of mine, huh, Park?" He asked, gloating.

She looked up at him, rolling her eyes and about to comment about him being back to his boastful jerk self when she saw him...them.

She widened her eyes at the multiple black cars newly parked on the other side of the fueling station. There was no mistaking it...it was Teddy—the same big-muscled guy she met weeks ago in Crab Crass Bistro, looking at her right now. Yes, directly at her with a silent mission in his eyes. He started to walk in her direction.

"Get in the car," she whispered to Jaejoong, who looked confused at the color draining from her face. "Get in the car. Now!" She yelled at him as she quickly switched to the driver's seat. Jaejoong, who looked stunned but only briefly, heard the sound of a gunshot nearby.

He quickly scurried inside the car, to the passenger side, as she quickly started the car, hitting different buttons and confusing gears. How come this annoying Audi has multiple sticks she had no idea about from her little driving session with Jiyong?

She saw from the side mirror that Teddy was fast approaching the car she was in now.

"Shit." Panicking, finally, she hit the right gear. Drive.

"What the fuck!?" Jaejoong screamed when another gunshot was heard behind.

She didn't have to look back to know that five or six, maybe even more than that, were trailing behind them. She heard a chorus of engines and the collective squeals of tires. Briefly glancing at the sideview mirror, she saw more cars drifting expertly around the corner, chasing her.

Jesus Christ. Like how Kwanghee likes to say.

The thought that big Teddy was in one of these cars, chasing her, was enough to almost make her faint on the spot but she gotta hold herself up. They're after her.

What do they want from her?!

"Shit!" Jaejoong hissed loudly again.

She hit the road, thankful for the deserted streets for now as she pushed the accelerator so fast, especially when she saw one of the cars beside her right now aiming for a sideswipe.

She tried to steer the car to the left, then tried to backtrack again, but then another car appeared on the left, so she steered right again but slammed right into the other car, cornering them.

The impact got the biggest shriek out of Jaejoong's mouth but for a different reason.

"Park, I gotta kill you for this! This is a new car!! I just got this today!"

"Shut up!"

She screamed back as she focused on getting the car back on track again, but then panicked when two cars appeared ahead of them. In sheer panic, she swerved the car to the left, driving into the oncoming traffic.