The Legend

Jiyong was watching Dara who kept on changing the TV channels, not focused on anything. She already scrolled the streaming channels from Netflix to Hulu to Paramount+, but still seemingly couldn't decide on anything.

At this point, he knew she was just passing time. She was still dressed in his pair of white sweatshirts and sweatpants that were too big for her, sitting on the gray couch with her legs up and hugging her knees, her eyes glued on the TV but her mind was somewhere else. She had been like this since after their breakfast and refused other meals after that.

She has been quiet too, barely speaking to him, with him catching her spacing out or with a distant look on her face. She would sigh now and then too.

If she was not falling into depression, he didn't know how to call this then. She was sad.

When she told him bits of what happened yesterday, he understood her instantly, losing the lead role she was so excited about took a great toll on her and it would take a while for her to be back to her old self again. It was a fucked up situation. He couldn't help himself to get angry when he found out how it happened. If only he was there...

If only he could do something to cheer her up right now, too.

Beep

He felt his phone vibrate from his back pocket as he straightened up from sitting on the dining table. He was mostly just watching Dara being somber. He respected her silence and he admitted, he liked watching her in his place.

He flipped his phone open and saw Tae's number. He read the message.

Tae: I'm here.

He closed his phone as he looked one last time at Dara before speaking,

"I'll be gone for a few minutes. Will you be fine?" He asked her which only gained a small nod from her.

Sighing, he took his coat and keys hanging from the foyer as he put on his shoes. He then opened the door and softly closed it behind.

He walked to the elevator and pressed the down button. It arrived shortly, and he entered, pushing the B button from his 7th-floor residence. The ride was short, and he exited on the basement level.

A familiar white Cadillac CT5-V was parked in the corner and at the sight of Jiyong heading towards the car, Tae climbed out of his sports car and greeted Jiyong with a smile as he showed him a couple of shopping bags.

"Here. Just like you asked. Female clothes from shirts, pants, dresses, pajamas, uhm underwear. All in regular small sizes." Tae shrugged as he handed him the bags.

He didn't say anything as he received them.

Tae leaned on the hood of his car as he eyed Jiyong knowingly, prodding silently.

Jiyong sighed, "Dara's here."

Tae 'O'-ed in understanding, "Got it. Of course." He smirked. "She was the reason you were distracted last night then." He concluded.

Jiyong raked his hair frustratingly as he huffed at the reminder of last night. "How's Dae?"

Tae tapped his fingers on the car, humming, "He's fine and out of danger. Demanding to go practice with TOP to a shooting range which TOP immediately shut down." He laughed. "Back to his annoying self and corny jokes."

Jiyong was glad to hear that as he nodded. "How about the others?"

Tae's smile dropped. "Fine too. Though I gave them VIP treatment from my family's hospital, the boys still wanted to get back to District 1. You know how they can be." He shook his head. "Those cowards surprisingly attacking us at the border pissed our men off. They want to go to Yorkville and get back to those bastards."