Chapter 07 (So close yet so far)

"Love is when once the fight ends, love is still there."

Ahaan's POV

Good wine needs no bush it grows by itself but still, I find myself lost in her thoughts and am unable to gather enough courage to tell her. As our friendship and my heart both are on stake. But my feelings desire to be confessed and heart asks to open up.

A longing resides within the serene recesses of my soul,
-An earnest yearning;
an ache for the comforting warmth of her presence; I am certain: my love for her will endure throughout the entirety of my existence. Perhaps, this is what they mean when they say, ''Love knows no bounds.''

I mumble to myself, "Isn't this task more difficult then getting good grades in examination?"

"What kind of task are you referring to, Idiot Owl?"
Her more than sweet voice envelops me like a warm blanket. After Mom, she's the one whose adorable vocals, eyes, features and presence feel exhilarating. I am so in love with her.

"How do you know??"

"Ohh c'mon. Forgot again. I can read faces and minds as well. And I know you from so long such that I am aware of you, before you yourself aren't. Now tell....."

If you could, then you must had in past, for yourself that how important you are for me........the light to my darkness, the life to my death and the soul to my body, My Sunshine.........And I just smile.

"Nothing new, was just lost in some quick thoughts. You sum up your day's review, how was it, all good?"

We are sitting on the same bench during the extra class. It's not the first time we are chatting than studying. She suddenly held my hand; entwining her fingers in mine to speak and the world stopped.

"As usual, reach-me-down types. I am just fed up of this usualness you know. There's nothing exciting or thrilling as they tell in the narratives. Something unexpected like unforeseen mystery, exploring fantasies and abrupt love confessions."

Her dreams are to fly high. Over the moon. But I love listening to her. Let her speak and I'll be hearing all day. Be it her aspirations or those wild fantasies; she once shared with me. It was something like she wants to kiss her man while his head lies in her lap and that too without his knowledge as his present. Well! I can do that for her. Just lemme get a chance...

"Maybe such over the blue fascinations are beyond imaginations for the narrators too."
Excitement coated my tone.

"Yes, maybe but I just wanna live an exotic and suspenseful life such that I can hear my beats up to my ears with someone as exciting as me."
She teases me.

-With Someone, Sunshine?"
I ask innocently.

She slides me a look with side of her eye and replies genuinely yet hilariously,

"Yeah maybe, some morally grey man or if not.........then you. I will adjust."

I give her the deadliest looks as she runs over. I chuckle, and follow while she troubles and teases me wholeheartedly. She's really good in running and reaches the other corner in a blink of eye. As our mischief continues, she annoyed me all the way and is about to fall again off the stairs, when I grab her wrist and try to catch her. But it gets too late, as she pulls me along and we roll over the ground when her glasses fall behind.