Chapter 35

Spector of Death Part 1

 "Look at them! God, I love these women, looking down after we kicked their asses," one of the Rangers exclaimed, standing to the side while holding their airsoft weapons. They watched as half of Chiaki's force surrendered and marched down in defeat, with the League's guardsmen escorting them to the cells where they would be placed.

As they marched, the officers who had been in command during the attack looked around in utter defeat, wondering how the American high school and Japanese girls' school had beaten them. Then, one of the women's Vice Commanders overheard a taunt from one of the American schoolboys, likely from Kansas High Chief.

"Hey! Hey, you! That's right, you stupid, trash bastards! Say hello to Ford and General Motors, you ignorant, stupid Federation women!" the Kansas boy yelled.

"Hey, that's enough, Waxer. Give it a rest; we won," Sean, who stood right next to his school unit of the Davy Crockett Ranger squad, said.

"We're here on this island, almost done with October, having been here for the last four months, enjoying our lives and sports back in the states... until they interrupted our lives by challenging us to this match. For what?" the Kansas boy continued yelling, turning to the Federation women who were marching in defeat. "You ignorant scum! What the hell did you ladies bring us here for? Huh?" He later grew tired of yelling at them.

Meanwhile, Sean watched the march go on and sighed. He removed his school army helmet, wiping the sweat off his forehead. Dean, the squad leader of the Rangers unit, stood in the middle and called his Texas Rangers to gather around.

"Alright, on me, form up," Dean said, and the Rangers assembled with their airsoft WW2 replicas resting on their arms. "Good work, men, in forcing the enemy back. However, our job isn't finished yet. I just spoke with the second lieutenant, and he has some good and bad news."

"What's the good news?" Sean asked.

"Lieutenant Archie from Washington Boys and Girls Academy's ground units informed me that the Canadians will be taking the rivers in the east, and Master Sergeant Dillon from Grand Lake High, along with all the Polish-Americans, will be taking his infantry and tank units to secure Hill 262 in the north. In short, we're going to box those girls in," Dean said, eliciting smirks and smiles from the Rangers.

"So what's the bad news?" one of the Rangers inquired.

"We'll be heading to one of the towns near the second Federation CP and will cut off their retreat," Dean explained, causing all the Rangers to groan.

"Does Vice Commander Jefferson really approve of us doing this, sir?" Sean asked.

"I don't know. Right now, he's in a meeting with our unexpected friend, with all the commanders present. But at least we'll be doing the work while giving our tank companies a break so they can repair, rearm, and get things in order before they join us. Now, gather your kit, and let's move," Dean said, holding his Airsoft Thompson in his left hand as he walked away.

Meanwhile, inside the command tent, as Dean had mentioned, all the high school commanders were gathered, staring at Red Houston. Red, the presumed dead younger brother that Graham and Muller knew, the one Don Houston had supposedly killed by his own hands, sat there relaxed, chewing his favorite piece of gum. He looked around, still chewing his gum, as the tension in the tent grew palpable.

As Red continued to survey the command tent, he eventually locked eyes with the high school commanders, who were bewildered by his presence. Kay from Saunders leaned over to Graham and whispered, "Um, who is he, and why does he look so familiar?"

"Yeah, why does he look like Houston?" Katyusha inquired.

Jefferson, looking weary, responded, "That's because he's Commander Houston's little brother."