19. - A Year Ago

(The nineteenth hour)

I regret it.

The minute he pulled out of that car park I regretted it. I guess it kind of felt like when he was sitting there waiting, still in my line of vision, I had some sense of control. Now that he's gone, I feel like I can't control anything.

I've been cooped up in my room for the past few hours, ignoring Finn's calls and hiding from the truth with Jade, unable to face either one of them right now.

My number resided in Lando's phone, and he hasn't used it once since he left the University car park.

Out of sight, out of mind.

I guess I had to deal with my decision now.

"Baylee?" I hear the knock at the door, quickly wiping my fallen tear as I sit up and make a poor effort of acting like I'm busy doing nothing. "You okay?"

"Yeah" I reply to Jade who's hand is still held in a mid-knock pause.

"Are you thinking for anything for dinner?' She questions.

I shake my head, "I'm not really hungry, thanks anyway"

She nods cautiously before stepping out of the room, closing the door gently.

Flopping myself back down on the bed, I take one last look at my phone, no notifications presenting itself on the screen, so I toss it aside, and pulling myself out of the bed.

Pulling open the door, I make my way out to the kitchen where Jade is flicking through the menus in the top drawer.

"How about Thai?" I suggest with a comforting smile.

Menus still in hand, she tightens her lips in a returning smirk, crossing the kitchen and wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm sorry, B" she whispers.

"It's fine" I comfort, pulling her tightly against me.

"What are you going to do about Finn?" She asks.

I pinch my eyes shut momentarily before pulling away from her, shrugging my shoulders. "I'll talk to him"

"And Lando?" She adds.

I shake my head, but say nothing else.

Later on that evening after Jade and I had finished way too much Thai food and successfully finished Bridesmaids, I know I need to talk to Finn, it's gone on long enough now and I have to be honest with him.

"I should call him" I mumble.

Jade picks up the remote and shuts the television off. "Should I go or stay?"

I let out a breathily chuckle, "I'm going to go meet him actually, I feel better if there are witnesses" I joke.

"Call me or send me a 911 if you need me okay?"

I send a quick message to Finn who agrees to meet me straight away, says he has something he wants to talk to me about too.

"What do you wear when you know you're going to get broken up with?" I call out.