3. - Present Day

"That little.." Jade boasts.

I let out an embarrassed chuckle, "Jade, it's fine. It was crazy to think he'd show up anyway" I admit.

"But still, I know how excited you were, B" she comforts, pulling me in for a hug.

"I was curious" I correct her, stepping away and into the bathroom, pulling out my face wipes to rid myself of my makeup.

She appears in the reflection of the mirror, "are you sure you're okay?" She asks.

"I'm sure." I let out a breathily chuckle, "gosh, if we didn't think it would work this time last year, there's no way it would work now. He's even more unavailable now than he was last time"

She throws me a look of pity.

"I'm fine" I reassure her in a groan, pushing her gently out of the bathroom and closing the door behind her, securing it with the lock.

Stepping back in front of the mirror, I let out a disappointed breath. I mentally give myself one night to feel sorry for myself, because quite frankly, it doesn't deserve anything more than that.

It's not like he owed me anything.

I finish up removing the makeup from my face before stepping into the shower, giving myself the complete detox making sure I wash my hair and shave all areas even if they didn't need it. Giving myself a full reset if you will.

As I step out, I wrap the towel around myself, securing it nice and tight so it doesn't slip off, and pop the cap of the toothpaste.

Whilst brushing my teeth, I scroll aimlessly through my phone that's settled on the vanity, finding myself pulling up his social media account on Instagram.

No new stories and no need uploads.

Checking the schedule for Formula 1 this weekend and my heart sinks when I realise it was a free weekend, between Saudi Arabia and the Australian Grand Prix.

Not that I expect him too, but he had a free weekend to be able to come here earlier before the Grand Prix.

Oh well, doesn't matter.

I hear a knock at the door, "B, everything okay?" Jade's voice concerns.

I open the door, putting on my best polka face, "for the last time, yes. Now, what Harry Potter are we up to?"

As we settle in on the couch, a bowl of popcorn between us, I find myself continuously checking my phone, doing my best to make it subtle, half the phone hidden underneath the blanket.

My stomach falls in on itself when I see he's got a new story up.

Clicking Lando's name, a picture illuminates itself on my screen with a small caption attached.

Back in Oz 🇦🇺

I'm tempted to like the story, comment something, give it a thumbs up. Something. Anything.

But I decide against it. I have to give up on the idea of reconnecting with this boy.

—————————————————————————

3. - A Year Ago (the third hour)

As I gaze around the restaurant, I can see almost everyone has left, and one of the waitresses has made a point of walking past our table offering a determined glare.

"I think they're trying to pack up" I whisper toward Lando.

He shakes his head, waving his hand off in my direction before pulling his feet up onto the booth chair, his back resting against the side wall.

"Don't worry about them, we are paying customers" he teases, picking up his glass and bringing the straw to his lips.

"Excuse me, sir, ma'am, we're closing up" the waitress announces and Lando pulls his feet from the chair right away.

"Sorry, yes. We were just leaving" he informs with the most innocent look on his face.

I can't help but burst into laughter.

He shush's me with a smile on his face, "stop it" he whispers.

"Don't worry about them hey?" I sass as I begin to pack up my things.

Pulling our bill over to his side of the table and pulling out his wallet, I reach for my purse to contribute.

"Don't you even think about it" he warns, his eyes unmoving from his own task at hand.

"I'm at least paying for my half" I defend.

He turns his nose up at me, shaking his head in disbelief. "You're a comedian? You didn't tell me" he mocks.

"Lando, please" I mutter.

"Baylee, no" he returns my pitiful tone.

Defeated, I slide my purse back into my bag, "well, Thank you. That's very kind" I appreciate.

"Come on, let's go" he announces, grasping hold of my hand and leading me out of the restaurant.

"Where are we going?" I chuckle, struggling to keep up with him.

"Ice-cream. They kicked us out before I could get dessert"

I gush, "Lando, we were in there for 3 hours" I remind him.

"Doesn't matter" he shrugs, pulling me down the street.

As we make our way to the parlour, he analyses the options before settling on a mixture of 4 different flavours in a bowl.

"What are you having?" He asks, watching the lady scoop his flavours in.

"Are you going to eat all of that?" I ask in surprise.

He looks down at his bowl and then up at me, I could tell he was seriously considering his answer.

"Shall I get 2 spoons?" He offers.

I chuckle, "I mean, are you willing to share?" I challenge.

Eyeing his creation and then considering his option as he stares at me, he shakes his head.

"Nope, pick your own" he informs, pulling the spoon to his lips instantly.

"Could I please get.." I begin to order.

"She's having 4 flavours too" Lando calls out over the top of me.

"I can't eat 4 flavours" I babbled

Tilting his head toward me, he gives me a playful silly look, "hurry up and choose 4, she's waiting" he sasses.

"Oh my gosh" I mused. "Could I get chocolate, Jaffa, caramel Choc chip and white chocolate raspberry"

"That's my girl"