I don't like you

Severus never knew how wonderful children could be. Hang on a second, let's back up. He didn't know how wonderful his child could be. Travis loved getting cuddled by daddy. Hermione had quickly gone to restore her parents memories and bring the three of them to Severus at St. Mungo's. He tried to tell her not to, but she wouldn't have it. She wanted her parents to meet the man that had given them Travis. 

Mr. Granger wasn't very happy. In fact, he seemed to hate Severus. Severus couldn't blame him that much. A man his age having a child with a 17 year old girl, not to mention the student thing. Mrs. Granger seemed to accept it a little better after seeing her daughter interact with Severus. She pulled her husband to the side and whispered to him, "Darling, do you see the look in our Hermione's eyes? She's utterly in love with the man."

"What about that one fellow, Ronald?" Mr. Granger responded with a whimper. He knew that look as well. Not only from his daughter, but from Severus. While Severus was in bed recovering, he could see the way Severus looked at Hermione. He looked at his wife like that every day since he met the woman. 

Mrs. Granger clicked her tongue at her husband. "Not sure, but obviously she didn't choose him."

"Hermione," Severus whispered as he continued to watched her parents whisper about them, "what do you think they are saying?"

Hermione leaned close to him. "Hermione's man is a wonderful and handsome man." Severus glared at Hermione, who kissed his nose. "I don't know, Severus, but I don't care. There is no going back, even if I wanted to. I love my little family and can't wait to add a few more to the list." 

Severus looked surprised. "You want more children?" 

He never thought about being a father before. When he realized that he was going to be a father, he wanted desperately to run away. His father hadn't given him a good role model to go off of. Being a father now, it scared Severus more than anything. More than being a double agent for Voldemort, even. However scared Severus was, though, wasn't anything compared to his love for Travis. 

"Yes, I'd like at least one more, possibly three total," Hermione said thoughtfully. 

"I'd love four grandchildren," Mrs. Granger said cheerily, coming back over with her husband grimacing behind her. 

Severus looked from Hermione to Mr. Granger. Hermione looked angry at her father. "Dad, please loose the look. Severus and I are together and that's the end of it."

Mr. Granger scoffed. "What happened to Ronald?" 

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Ron's a friend, that's all. I'm with Severus, dad."

"Mr. Granger, I understand your anger. However I love her," Severus said earnestly. 

"Why her though? Why not someone your own age?" Mr. Granger asked with a certain tone in his voice. Much like Ron's tone at the boathouse when Severus was dying. Hermione bristled at the memory, but Severus laid a hand on hers to calm her. 

Severus looked at Hermione to make sure she was okay before answering, "Its hard to explain, but there was a prophecy about us. We didn't have a choice in the matter to be honest. Although I wouldn't want anyone else."

"Darling, let's leave them. The nurse took Travis only for a moment." Mrs. Granger pulled her husband by the arm out the door to find their grandson. Mr. Granger stared at them until he was out the door and his wife pulled the door closed. 

Severus visibly relaxed once the door was closed. He still wasn't used to people knowing about their relationship. Many people seemed to accept them, however there were certain people, like Ron and Mr. Granger, that didn't like it. Hermione couldn't care less what they thought. She found love and that was fine with her. Severus on the other hand still had a lot to go through with the Ministry from the war and was secretly self contentious about who loved him. He didnt' need to be, though. Hermione tried to tell him he was handsome, but being bullied by Potter and his friends all throughout school not to mention his father, it took a toll on him. 

"He'll come around, don't worry," Hermione stated firmly with a smile. 

Once Severus was released from St. Mungos he brought Hermione to his home at Spinner End. She found the bookshelves laced top to bottom with books and seemed to fall in love with the place. She knew it needed some cleaning and color, okay a lot of color, but she was happy to help with that. After she had a head start reading the books. 

Her parents kept Travis until Hermione and Severus were ready to take him. They visited everyday though while their house at Spinners End was getting a remodel the muggle way. Hermione insisted on it. 

The Minister of Magic tried to get Severus thrown in jail for being part of the death eaters, however Harry wouldn't have it. After seeing Severus' memories, he didn't tell anyone, Harry saw the Potion Master in a different light. Severus hadn't spoken to Potter since the boathouse. In fact, he tried to avoid the boy as much as possible. He had given Potter information about himself that he never thought he would tell the boy. 

While he was glad Potter hadn't told Hermione, he knew one day he'd have to tell her. The real reason he joined the light. Potter had been at the Ministry since the day after the war fighting for Severus to stay out of Azkaban, not only for his part in the war, but for the student teacher relationship. Potter was fighting for both causes, since he was one of the only friends that accepted their relationship without arguments anymore. 

Ron had gone back to his home and hadn't spoken to her in a while. She wrote to him, but he never responded. Eventually, Mrs. Weasley had owled her and said that he was hurt and just needed time. She understood, but wasn't very hopeful that with time they'd be back to where they were before. 

0o0oo0

I'm not sure how much longer this story has. I might do an epilogue.