Dumbledore

They made it through three months with no one finding out anything. Of course there were a few times that McGonagal had asked some questions about their 'tutoring sessions'. Malfoy and his posse had stayed away from Hermione for a while, with glares of hatred hitting her back. Dumbledore had been watching them closely in secret. He was a smart man, he knew that Severus' demeanor had changed. He had already knew about the prophecy, but didn't want to know anymore than that. 

Severus had to talk to Dumbledore a few times about what the Dark Lord wanted from him. To find out what was going on with Harry and Dumbledore. The two had decided to let Voldemort know about a lie. Dangerous to lie to the Dark Lord, however it was that or nothing, and Voldemort wouldn't take another 'I don't know' from Severus. 

Hermione was getting fed up with Ron and Harry's constant questions about where she goes after her 'tutoring' with Snape. She was so close to hexing the two that it wasn't even funny anymore. She had it all planned out. Which hex to use on which boy, where the hexing would take place to minimize her chances at detention. 

"Come on, Hermione, you can't say you stay in the tutoring for three hours every night," Harry stated as they walked to their class that just happened to be Defense with Severus. Hermione had gripped her books tightly to combat her instinct to grab her wand, teeth gritted. Ron was on the other side of her, watching her closely. The relationship with Lavender had come and gone. While she didn't like Lavender being so clingy with Ron, she missed when it was just Harry asking about Severus. She was more inclined to tell Harry then Ron. 

"Harry, Snape is a good guy. He offered to tutor me. While he does have a mean streak, he recognizes that I need help in Defense Against the Dark Arts. I am terrible at certain things. That is where I am every night. Not buried in books in the Library because Snape says I shouldn't "Eat books every night". Its where I'm going wrong in his class." Hermione snipped at Harry. 

They walked in the classroom and took their seats, ignoring Snape's gaze and continued to pester Hermione with questions and concerns. Severus, hearing every word, let his wall down to pass a silent question into Hermione's mind. Do I need to shut them up now?  The two had been working on their silent bond over the past couple months they had started this 'tutor' session. Hermione was getting the hang of closing her mind at will and speaking to him when she wanted to. 

He was glad of that. In case Bellatrix decided to try to take her again somehow. Also to show Harry how easy it can be to learn the stuff. Severus watched her closely, to interpret any sort of sign of yes or no. They hadn't had that much luck with her being stressed out and her being able to successfully retort in the same manor. She gets a little hot headed and starts yelling out whatever she wants to say in their mind, which would be bad. 

Hermione  signed deeply, hearing Severus' voice in her ears. It was a comfort knowing that he was watching over her at this moment. She didn't want to chance trying to respond to him in the same manor. In their sessions, after their kissing, they would work on their silent talking. Most of the time, when she was stressed about a test in a certain class, she would speak aloud the sentence she was trying to say silently. 

She decided to ignore them, and stare at Snape, hoping he would understand that she did want his help. Pleading with her eyes to shut them up. He understood. Putting his best 'Snape', he walked over to the trio and loomed over them. "Potter, Weasley, would you two please be silent. We will be reading from our texts today and working on an essay two feet on the proper way to cast the patronus charm. Something certain people know all about and should get an O."

Harry and Ron glared at Snape as he walked away. They tried to continue to whisper, but Severus, hearing them, said very loudly. "Ten points each from Griffyndor for not listening. If you want a chance at detention then please continue to talk."