Summer Baby

Hermione hadn't seen Severus since the day that he killed Dumbledore. Not that she hadn't tried. The photo of the old headmaster Phineas (Can't spell or pronounce the last name not gonna try) was a portal to the headmasters office. She went there after she had their child, to attempt to tell him about the baby. A baby boy, she decided to name after his father and grandfather, Travis Severus Snape. However, Phineas told her that the headmaster wasn't in at the time and declined to give a message to him. She thought about sending an owl, but decided against that because what if someone else read the letter? 

In the end, her parents told her that the baby will be well cared for in Australia. She knew he would be. Hermione smiled and hugged each of them before modifying their memories. Dr. and Mrs. Wilkins with their grandson. Their daughter died in childbirth. She left crying at the thought of her baby leaving without her, not being able to hold him when he's upset. 

She was either very lucky or very unlucky that Harry and Ron hadn't realized that she was pregnant the entire time. She showed up at the burrow in preparation for the wedding as if she didn't just do the worst thing she could think of. Brave, but terrible. 

Ginny, who was the only person who Hermione could confide in, let her cry on her shoulder once she found out. "Hermione, that was probably the best thing you could have done for Travis. He will be safe and you can restore their memories after the war." 

Hermione nodded, wiping tears away from her eyes. "I know, but I'm just upset that I couldn't get Severus to know about the baby yet."

"You really haven't seen him since he killed Dumbledore?" Ginny asked, fooling around with her bedspread. 

Hermione looked outside of Ginny's window at the tent that they had set up earlier that day. It reminded her of her and Severus' ceremony that they did just before Dumbledore was killed. It felt like a lifetime ago. 

"Hermione, I remember you telling me that you and Snape couldn't be apart for long. So, how are you able to do it?" Ginny asked genuinely. 

Hermione laughed, more to herself, before she answered. "A few moments before Dumbledore left with Harry, he performed the conferratio spell on us. A spell that is sort of like marriage and the unbreakable vow in one. It allows our magic to perform like we don't have a bond. Meaning we can be away from each other for however long we need to."

Ginny hummed to herself. She was about to retort when Mrs. Weasley walked in. "Darlings, can you help me in the kitchen for the moment?"

"Right away mum."

"Yes, Mrs. Weasley."

The wedding went off without a hitch, except for the fact that Kingsley's patronus told them that the Minister for Magic was dead and death eaters were coming for them. Hermione, Harry, and Ron quickly rushed away to the first place she thought of. However, they were waiting there for them also. 

They never stayed in one spot for too long. While finding the real locket, the cup, and trying to figure out how to destroy them, they fought, which caused Ron to leave for a while. It hurt Hermione, but not as much as it did when he accused her of sleeping with Snape. While it was true, she didn't want him to think anything bad of her for loving someone. 

Harry and Hermione had been just doing the motions as of late. She kept on staring at a picture she took of her parents with Travis on the way to the plane at the airport. Harry kept on seeing her stare at the picture, but until tonight, never asked. 

"What's with you staring at that picture?" 

She didn't hide it like she normally did. She decided it was time for Harry to know. "It's my parents and my son." 

Harry looked taken aback. "Your son?" 

Hermione nodded. "Mine and Severus'," she whispered. 

He got up from where he was sitting across from her at the table. The look on his face was one of utter betrayal. "Snape?!" 

Hermione knew he was yelling at her about how he killed Dumbledore and played them from the beginning. She also knew she couldn't tell him everything that she knew, which wasn't much more than him at that point. However, she couldn't let her best friend talk bad about her husband. "Dumbledore was dying anyway. Severus just did what he was told to do."

"I understand that now, but he still was playing us," Harry yelled. He walked out of the tent and passed the barrier. Hermione followed, watching him pick up a large stick and hit a tree with it. "Why Snape?"

"Because there is a prophecy about us as well. An ancient love bond that made it to where we couldn't be away from each other for very long. That night that Dumbledore died, just a couple hours before, he performed a bonding spell on us to let our magic separate. It was the only way that I could be here for you, Harry." Hermione yelled out, crying. 

"What?! You and Snape?" Hermione knew that voice. Harry had stopped hitting the tree and stared towards the voice also. Ron had found them again, and heard everything. Ron's face looked not as shocked as Harry's but more on the side of disgust. 

Hermione stared at Ron, angry for him coming back, but also grateful. "Ron, you found us." It was a feeble attempt to change the subject. "How?"

He held up the deluminator. "Dumbledore really thought of everything." He walked away from them for a while, then turned back to them. "Do you love him?"

She looked from Harry to Ron. They both wanted the answer. "Yes," she said, holding out her picture of her parents and Travis. Ron took the photo and he and Harry looked at it carefully. After a few moments, Ron handed the photo back to her and sighed. 

"He looks like you," Ron said with a tearful laugh. "Lucky bloke." 

The three of them laughed and walked back to the tent. They were back on track. The next night, Harry and Ron had gotten the Sword of Griffydor out of the lake near them. Somehow, she knew it was Severus, but kept her mouth shut. Before she went to bed, she took a look outside, just to check if she could see him. Nothing, but blackness. 

In the woods, Severus stared at where Potter and Weasley disappeared at. He knew Hermione would have used some of the spells that Potter found in his book last year to protect them. He was glad of it. He just wished he could see her. Just once. He knew she must have given birth. He also wished he didn't have to be totally in the dark. Was it a girl or boy? They never decided on any names. They didn't have any time. 

Whatever the name, the gender, he was sure their child was safe with the grandparents, wherever they were also. He stayed there for a while, thinking of the possibility that he would survive this war. It was a slim chance, but it was there. If he took necessary  precautions now. He wanted to meet his child, see her again. He couldn't let that night be the last night they ever spent together. 

He took one last look at the empty space where he knew Hermione was. Soon. He apparated back to the Headmaster's office, where he would spend the rest of the night tossing and turning, thinking of Hermione. 

0o0o 

Hello, thanks for reading. I wanted to get most of the horcrux hunt out of the way. I know i probably did it out of order, but I haven't read the books in a long time or seen the movie in a while. So give me a small break there. If I missed something big, let me know and I will see about fixing it.