Oh, Baby Baby

Hello, its been a while since I've updated this book. I'm not sure where this one is going, but I'll do my best on this. 

0o0o

Malfoy had been doing a good job to draw Hermione closer to Severus. Every day it seemed he found her in the hall alone, avoiding Ron and Harry and would try to bully her. While she was strong, she didn't use her full power on him. She knew how much Severus needed Malfoy to be unharmed, as much as it hurt her to not punch him like she did in third year. 

Two weeks had passed with Malfoy trying to curse Hermione every day, some days succeeding. It would startle Severus every time he would suddenly feel tired. Every night it seemed she would turn up to Severus' office and go through all the Divination books the library had on magical bonds. The only thing so far they've found was that not only were they 'married' but if one died they might never love again. Hermione had made a loud noise that sounded like a mouse getting strangled at that. Before she would leave, they would, once (sometimes twice) a day, they would 'connect'. 

It kept their bond nice and strong, also it gave the Dark Lord the sense that his plan was coming to a head, going his way. He was getting a little sloppy. Several Death Eaters had been arrested for murder, not to mention the political outcry that he was trying to get done. Death Eaters in office, doing the Dark Lord's bidding. 

Severus was told that if Malfoy failed this last time to kill Dumbledore that Severus would have to do it. He didn't want to. However, it would gain him in the Dark Lord's favor once more, since this whole thing with Hermione, he hasn't been the Dark Lord's right hand man anymore. Killing Dumbledore would bring him back, and that was what they all needed to win this war. Well that and Potter to find whatever he and Dumbledore were doing in his lessons. 

"Severus," Hermione called from his bed. She'd been attacked again by Malfoy, only this time, he tried to use the Cruciatus curse on her. He'd been so furious that he sent for the boy and reprimanded him in the classroom. She was laying down, on Severus' orders. He was grading fifth year OWL revisions, and he was a little scared at the sight of them. Only Lovegood and Weasley made decent scores. 

"Yes, love?" He responded, not moving from his chair. 

"When can I get up?" She called out, annoyance in her voice. 

He smiled to himself. He almost had to tie her to the bed to get her to lay down. "Do you still feel dizzy?" 

A hesitant, "No," sounded, making him laugh. 

"Nice try, get some sleep, by the time you wake up, you should feel right as rain." He sighed and pushed the last revision away from him. He was finally done with his work for the night. 

He was about to go lay down beside Hermione, to try to get her to sleep, but someone knocked at the door. He quickly used his wand to shut his door and make sure that her things were hidden behind his desk before telling them to enter. 

It was Dumbledore. His blackened hand looked worse than he's seen. He wished he could have done something to stop the poison for good. "Severus, I heard about the attack on Miss Granger, is she okay?"

He closed the door behind him and sat down across from Severus. He nodded. "Yes, she's a little dizzy, so she's laying down, against her wishes."

Dumbledore nodded. "Yes, well I came to tell you that it will be happening soon." He spoke lowly, not wanting Hermione to overhear. "Have you told her?"

He sighed deeply and shook his head. "I can't."

"Won't it be worse if she finds out from someone else?" Dumbledore asked. 

"If it wasn't for our bond, I'd let her believe what everyone else would  believe when the time comes. However, as it is, we cannot stay away from each other forever." Severus was angry at their bond, although thankful that it brought them together. 

"Your bond grows stronger every time you connect. You and Miss Granger should have enough magical buildup to do the Confarretio ceremony." Dumbledore stated with a happy tone. 

Severus raised his eyebrow. The Confarretio ceremony was a muggle ceremony to bond two lovers, sort of like a wedding. "How will that help us? That is is muggle tradition."

Dumbledore waved him off. "Yes, however, the Confarretio spell bonds you together much like the confirmation of the bond. Its an extra protection that lets your magic basically act as though you don't have a bond."

"So, if something happens to Hermione, I won't get weak?" Severus echoed to confirm the information. Dumbledore nodded. 

"However, it's a big step. Much like the confirmation bonding, its for life. The few people that have found their bond have done the ceremony to have that extra protection."

Dumbledore left not long after that last bit of information. He knew that Severus had to tell Hermione many things, including the one thing he didn't want to tell her. Severus walked into his chambers to find Hermione sitting up on the bed, feet kicking about. She looked at him and smiled. He walked to sit beside her and placed a hand on her leg. 

"Hermione, the time is coming very soon. We will have to make a decision," Severus started. Hermione looked at him, confused. He continued, "I will have to kill Dumbledore." He held up a hand to shush Hermione before she could say anything. "I know how it sounds, but Dumbledore masterminded it. He's dying anyway. This will get me back in the Dark Lord's favor, gain me access to  become the Headmaster in his wake to protect the students as best I can." He gave her a moment to comprehend that before going on, "Second, you will have to travel with Potter and Weasley to help them."

"But, our bond, we can't be apart," she stuttered, tears in her eyes. Obviously she didn't want to stay away from him as much as he did. 

Severus nodded, fighting tears himself. "Yes, Dumbledore told me about a ceremonial spell that will become our extra protection. In magic's eyes, we are married now, however we cannot stay apart for more than three days, even with the buildup we have from our relations. With the extra protection of the Conferratio spell, our magic will acknowledge our bond and we can be apart for longer. The bond will still be there, but will let us be our own person again."

"I read something about that ceremony in a book, but I didn't think anything of it. It didn't seem like it was for us. When can we do it?" Hermione asked, smiling at him. 

He cupped her cheek and kissed her deeply. "Love, this is a big step. Are you sure?"

She nodded. "We're already in this deep, with the bond and everything. Why not go all the way?"

He kissed her again, letting her inside his head, know everything he can't say. They laid back in his bed, her head against his chest, thinking of the future. Their days were numbered on the time they had together. Severus was determined to spend as much time with her as he could. He no longer cared about anything. Soon, the Dark Lord would take over, and he would have to out himself, meaning he would have to turn his back on his friends. 

Severus woke several hours later to Hermione throwing up in the dust bin in the corner of his room. Her face looked pale. "Hermione, are you okay?" 

She groaned and sat in the chair by the fireplace. "I don't know. Suddenly I felt sick."

He got up and looked outside. It was after hours, meaning she would have to explain why she was out of bed and with Severus. Pomfrey already was suspecting. He went over to feel her forehead. She didn't feel like she had a fever. He didn't want to take any chances. "We're going to the hospital wing."

Madam Pomfrey was utterly confused as to why Severus Snape was leading a Griffyndor to the hospital wing. "We would like your descretion, Poppy," Severus said with a low worry tone. She nodded, still confused but started her exam on Hermione. Several waves of her wand later, she looked from Severus to Hermione. 

She sighed and tapped her hand with her wand. "Well, Miss Granger, you are pregnant."

0o0o 

Been a while, but I'm sorry. I'm writting so many different books. Any suggestions message me.