The Dark Lord

Severus apparated directly to Malfoy Manor where the Dark Lord was. He hurriedly waved his wand and went through the gate. Storming past Lucius and Narcissa who looked less than their best, he rushed to kneel at his feet.

"Severus, my faithful servant. Does Potter return to Hogwarts?" He hissed.

Keeping his head down he said, "Yes my lord. All of them returns."

"Does Dumbledore ask anything of you yet?" He walked around Severus.

"No, my lord. He has requested private training of Potter this year. Will not say what about."

He hissed angrily, marching around. Finally coming to stand in front of Severus. "FIND OUT WHAT IT IS."

"Yes, my lord." With that he knew he was dismissed. Rushing out to make it look like he was in a hurry to get answers, he passed Narcissa who looked at him with the same look she did at his home, when she had him make the unbreakable vow. He said nothing to her, wanting to get back to Hogwarts.

O0o0o0

"Now class, we have been on non verbal spells for a week now. Yet none of you apart from Granger can lift a single thing non verbally. I expect everyone to write a 3 foot essay on the proper way to perform nonverbal spells and hand in on Monday morning." Groans were heard throughout the classroom. "Except for Miss Granger, you will write a 3 foot essay on the patronus charm. I reread your OWL exams and the patronus charm was one that you didn't do well on."

Hermione nodded. That was the only spell she couldn't seem to get down pat. Severus dismissed the class after that and everyone left but Hermione. "Sir, for tomorrow's lesson," Hermione said lowly, "shall I need anything?"

"Potter Weasly wait outside for your friend. This obviously doesn't concern you." He waited until the glares had gone fully before continuing. "Your bag to take notes. I know you will want to. However remember, no one can know. Also, if you need, my office for homework tomorrow only."

She nodded. "Yes, and I thank you for that. The library has been crowded lately. Everyone wanting to be with the chosen one. Not to mention Lavender Brown tailing Ron."  Severus looked at her staring at a spider on the floor. She seemed disturbed by that. 'I don't like Ron. Not more than a friend, but it's simply annoying to have Lavender tailing him constantly to where we can't have a simply conversation any longer.'

He heard her voice in his head. She wasn't clear headed this time, so he didn't know why he was hearing her thoughts. He knew he felt emotions he didn't understand all week. Anger, well more than normal, annoyance and jealousy mixed with confusion. Maybe their brain waves still were connected. He would have to do some research on this. Severus didn't know if she wanted him to hear her thoughts or not.

The next morning Severus heard a knock at his office door. He grunted and got up, thinking it was a colleague. He didn't think to grab his robes to cover his bare chest.

It was Granger. He woke in an instant, groggy mind fully aware of his lack of clothing. She blushed as she stared at his chest, scars running awry on every part of him she could see. Severus stood to his full height and gave his most menacing stare. He never expected her to be here that early. "Granger, you are very early."

She stuttered. "Sorry, sir. I just wanted to get my work done as early as possible. Then maybe start the lesson early to get ahead."

He hadn't even had time to prepare for her lesson. Much less spending the whole day with her. He grunted an red his head for her to come in. She rushed in and sat at the same desk she did home work in on the first day. 'His chest looks very toned even with the scars.' Her observation of his chest startled him into realizing his clothing. 'He doesn't look anything like I'd expect him to have looked under the frock.'

How was she expecting him to look under his frock? He so wanted to ask, but held his tongue. Instead he went to put a simple undershirt on for now. He wasn't awake fully, he needed to slowly wake so not to get angry.