Do We Have An Understanding?

Hermione didn't wake up for two days. The entire time, Severus refused to let her go to the Hospital Wing as Minerva had suggested. His excuse was the wound was dark magic and he didn't know what would happen to her if he was out of sight of it. Not actually a total lie, either. The wound was healing, but very slowly. He knew that there would be a scar forever looking fresh ready to bleed, even if it was completely healed. The downside of using dark magic. 

Severus had almost cancelled classes to keep an eye on Hermione, but Dumbledore made sure to let him know that it would look very suspicious if he didn't keep classes open. So, regretfully, Severus was now in class without Granger, telling them to simply read the text today and tomorrow they would be doing practical spells nonverbal. There was a collective groan at non verbal, which pleased Severus momentarily. As soon as classes were over for the day, Severus rushed up to his room and saw that Hermione was sitting up, reading a book on nonverbal spells. 

He sighed with relief that she didn't suffer much damage other than the dark magic wound. When he entered she looked at him. "Hello, Professor. This is your chambers isn't it?" She asked, setting the book down. 

He nodded, walking over to her. "You have a dark magic wound that needed constant looking after. Madame Pomfrey doesn't know how to treat much of the dark magic wounds, so I kept you. Now that you are awake, however, you will be moving to the hospital wing to get more treatment from her."

She looked down at her wrist with the word Mudblood written. "Bellatrix did this, didn't she?"

"I'm assuming so, she wanted to give you to me, however i was able to convince the dark lord to let me take you back. You can't repeat what happened there, whatever you remember. Not to anyone other than me." Severus looked at her with deep dark eyes, staring her down. 

"Of course, only if you tell me that you said the words." She responded, twiddling her fingers. 

Finally sitting down on the bed, he inhaled deeply, then slowly let it out. "Yes, I have. We are now, what?" 

Hermione dove into an explanation of the old magic and how they could activate their bond. "Basically that prophecy that Trelawney had said was about us. I'm fire, your ice and the heart that rots, its you."

That slapped Severus. How on earth could the heart that rots be him? "Explain," he demaned coldly. 

"I don't know, that is all i do know."

"Well, time to take you to the hospital wing. " He said, gathering her things that she would need. Once she was in her bed, he dipped his head and left her. He had to keep her at a more arms length from now on. The dark lord can't know that he had feelings for her, otherwise she would be in more danger. 

***

Just a quick chapter before i had to work. Pass it on and please vote and comment what you love about this.