Barrier

Severus hadn't ever felt like this before. He, of course, felt guilty for what he had said in the past to Lily, but never felt worse than guilt. If there was anything worse than guilt. Hermione had finally gotten back to normal classes with the excuse to leave at any point if the wound had reopened. Severus had a hard tome making sure that it closed properly. She had bothered Severus so much that he had gotten angry at her and told her, very angrily, that he wanted nothing to do with her. 

"Well, you chose this, Professor, so there is no going back. We are forever tired together and there is nothing you can do to change that." She more of growled it instead of saying it.  

She left Severus' office and made sure to slam the door as hard as she could. Severus could feel a headache coming on. "She gives me such a headache. Why in the ruddy hell would I ever want to be with her?" 

Perhaps because she sees something in you no one since Lily has seen. He threw his wand on his bed and collapsed beside it. He might as well forget dinner tonight. He was too tired to fight the crowd of students back up here later. Maybe it was the magic trying to fight his barrier he put up to get the feelings he had for Hermione back out. Too bad for the magic. Even it couldn't' get the feelings back up, he buried it down further than when he buried his love for Lily Potter. 

The next morning Severus heard a banging at his door. He still had his smock on from yesterday, meaning he must have fallen asleep early. A deep sleep by the feel of the grogginess. "Snape, open up!" 

It was her. She really never gave up. He wiped the groggy from his face and put on his old Snape face. "What do you want, Granger?" He raised an eyebrow to show his disdain. 

She walked in without being invited, forcing a shocked Snape to close the door and turn to her. "Severus, we have a problem."

"Professor Snape, Granger, and pray tell what problem?" He folded his arms across his chest and looked at her curly brown hair bobbing as she paced. 

"Yes, yes, whatever, our partnership magic is stronger than I thought. It wont be able to survive on simply talking. We have to have a kiss every day at least."

Severus had nothing to say to that. If it was true, then that might explain the sudden tiredness he felt. He didn't want to do anything to her, yet he did. He wanted to kiss her and never stop, yet if he did start and the Dark Lord got into his mind, he would kill him and anyone else that got in his way. He had to protect her. 

She started at him. "The sleep has started with you also, hasn't it?" Severus looked into her eyes. They were bloodshot as if she didn't sleep at all last night. 

"I fell asleep before dinner and didnt wake up until you pounded on the door," he stated simply, barrier still in full power. 

"That's the magic. We barely talked yesterday, and we have had no physical touch to confirm the magic. Our strength is dwindling."

He scoffed, "No, I had a headache from you attempting to make me rethink my decision on our Saturdays and this 'magic' which I have said multiple times I didn't want any longer."

She shifted from foot to foot, anger written on her face worse than he'd seen it. "You daft man, its the magic you stated when you found me. The eye magic you saw, the pain, it will come back and you will eventually fall into a deep sleep until we make physical touch."

Her anger was getting him angry. She had continued to shout at him the repercussions of them not touching of some sort and barely talking until he couldn't take it anymore. He rushed her, pushed her against the wall and smashed his lips against hers. He had broken his barrier and his feelings all rushed to his head. He opened his mind up and let her feel all the emotions he felt for her, including the fear of her death. 

*****

This is a short chapter to get you all through the week. I hope you like it and pass it on. Pass the story on and keep reading. Im wanting this story to be as popular as my others.