Chapter 21 ~Finale~

“So Aiden, where is she?” I asked.

   “Around,” he replied with a smirk.

   “When do I get to find out who she is?”

   “Soon,” he replied. “I’m just not sure how to approach her or what to say.”

   “Well you should take her somewhere quiet to talk to her.”

   “I can’t hear you properly.” He said, leading me out into the corridor. I could still hear the music through the door, but now it was just background noise. “What were you saying?” he asked.

   “Take her somewhere to talk.”

   “Okay,” he replied seeming nervous. “But what do I say?”

   “Tell her how you feel.”

   “But what if she doesn’t feel the same way?” he asked.

   “I’m sure she does, who wouldn’t? She’d be the luckiest girl ever if she had you. And besides wouldn’t it be better to tell her how you feel and know that she doesn’t like you, rather than never saying anything and wondering what could have been?” I smiled at him.

   “True,” he replied.

   “Now will you show me her?” I pleaded.

   “She’s here,” he replied.

   “Well I know that,” I laughed. “You did invite her.”

   “Cassie,” he said shakily, he looked as if he was about to pass out. But why? All I knew is that he still looked as cute as ever. “What I’m trying to say is...” his voice got shakier by the second. “I-I...Umm...Well I-I’m not quite sure how to say this but...but...”

   “Aiden?” I asked, I was getting worried about him.

   “I-I love you.” I just stood there so shocked. I thought that I was going to faint. “The girl that I’m so crazy about...it’s you.” He was beginning to talk faster now, trying to get everything out as fast as possible and stumbling over his words. “I know it sounds sad and kind of stalkerish, but I honestly haven’t stopped liking you since 1st grade. Over all these years, I just kept falling deeper, and when I think I can’t fall any deeper, I drop so so far. I am honestly crazy about you. I love everything about you. I could get lost in your beautiful eyes all day, I love your hair, and the way it always smells so nice. I love your nose, your lips. The amount of time I have imagined kissing them. The amount of times I have longed, even wished to kiss them is uncountable. I love your sense of fashion, your sense of humour and when you smile or laugh, I could faint from happiness. You have the best taste in music, and movies and even books. You are so perfect. When I hold you in my arms I feel the luckiest person in the whole wide world, I never want to let you go. If I could pause time then I would pause it when you’re in my arms. When I kissed your head, I felt amazing; just being around you gives me the best ever feeling in my tummy. And then the other day when you kissed my cheek, I actually was on the verge of passing out. And when that jerk did that to you, I was so angry, I had never been angrier in my life. I honestly would have killed him if he’d hurt you. But I know that he did hurt you, he hurt your feelings, and I would never want to do that to you. And for me to know that I was able to comfort you and make you feel better it made my heat melt. And to know that you would be affected so much if I left, that just made my heart stop and I had to rethink. But to know that I meant so much to you it made me feel on top of the world and every moment I spend with you makes my life better. I will always be here to protect you, no matter what. I just...I just love you so much. I love you.” He let out a much needed breath, as I just stood there stunned.