Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning; it was the last day of school. YES! Oh Damn! I remembered that Aiden was in my house, and he was going to be here all throughout the holidays and maybe longer. And it was the summer holidays as well. Oh great, 3 months with Aiden, just perfect.

   I got up and got dressed and had a shower as usual. This morning I decided to throw on a Metro Station tee, my black skinnies and my Purple Nike Dunk Elites. I grabbed my bags and flew down the stairs and into the kitchen. I yanked open the fridge, pulled out a Red Bull, opened it and chugged it down.

   “Slow down there, you’re gonna go hyper.” I jumped out of my skin. I turned round to see Aiden casually leaning against the counter and smiling at me.

   “Do you make a habit of sneaking up on people?” I asked.

   “Nope. But I might look into it.” His smile grew wider. “I like your T-Shirt.” He pointed to my top.

   “Uh...thanks.” I looked at my watch, it was still early, it was only 7:30 and we didn’t have to be in school until 8:50. We had all that time to waste. What were we supposed to do? In the end we finished some homework and then headed out of the door, still earlier than expected. We walked together, I couldn’t believe that in the past hours since he had arrived, we had managed to avoid having any serious arguments and we hadn’t played any tricks on each other (unless you want to count the incident when he snuck up on me.) I wondered if this would all change by the time we got back to school, I was pretty sure that as soon as we stepped through the entrance to the school we would be biting each others’ heads off.

   On the way to school we talked like normal people. I realised that underneath it all he wasn’t that bad, but I wasn’t going to just let all of my past experiences with him go and walk around carelessly. He could turn at anytime.

   The day went okay, and by the end of the day I was relieved that it was the summer holidays. As I was walking home I heard someone calling from behind me.

   “Cassie! Wait up!” I turned around to see Aiden coming towards me. “Can I walk with you?”

   “Well we are going to the same place...so sure, why not?”

   “Thanks,” he smiled at me. “So how was your day?”

   “It was okay thanks; I managed to avoid arguing with you today.”

   “Haha, yeah. I suppose we did keep from arguing.” We walked home, just casually chatting. When we finally got home, I opened the door and we both stepped inside. My mom wasn't home yet, she must still be at work. I dumped my bag by the door and slumped down onto my sofa, Aiden followed my actions. We sat there in silence for a while.

   "I'm sorry," he said out of nowhere.

   "What for?" I asked confused, seeings as he had done nothing wrong.

   "For having to stay here, I know you don't exactly want me here and I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry, and thank you for letting me stay. I did try to tell my mom that you would never want me to visit your house, let alone stay here over the summer. I also wanted to say sorry for being mean to you. I don't really hate you. And also just for the record, I'm sorry for cutting your hair." By the time he had finished with his "speech", he was looking up at me, his eyes gentle and soft.

   "I really don't mind you staying; it's not as bad as I first thought. You're not that bad, at least I won't be as bored with someone else around." I smiled at him. "To be honest, I don't mind.  I'm sorry about pulling your trousers down, but I also have to admit that it was quite funny."

   "It was not."

   "It really was, especially your Spiderman undies, everyone saw you." I was starting to laugh a bit at just the thought of it.

   "It was traumatising." he defended. "Everyone made fun of me. And what hurt the most was that, I really was sorry. The reason I did it was because you never noticed me. I thought that if you noticed me and got to know me then we could maybe be friends. I know now that it was wrong, and I really am sorry. I just really wanted you to notice me and the scissors were lying just there. I am so sorry, I felt so stupid afterwards, but I still had hope. But then I realised that you would never want to be friends with me, only my enemy. I truly am really sorry." he was looking down at his lap now, I could tell that he really was sorry and my heart melted at how much he just wanted me to notice him. I knew that he was ashamed of his actions and wished that he could take them back, all from what he had just said. I knew now that his intention that day wasn't to ruin my life; it was to try and make his better. I felt for him at that moment. I really did. I gently wrapped my arms around him and hugged him.

   At first he tensed, but then he relaxed a bit more. As I let go of him, he looked up at me and smiled gently. "Thanks," he whispered.

   "S'ok," I replied. I couldn't believe that I had just done that. To my enemy of all people! My Enemy? My Enemy? Was he really my enemy now?  We weren't exactly acting like it. But I suppose I had the whole summer to figure it out.

   I turned my head as I heard a key turn in the front door; my mom came into the living room where we were sitting on the sofa.

   "So you're both still alive then," she said, Aiden and I laughed a bit. Then I realised that Aiden had got up off of the sofa and walked over to my mom.

   "Let me take those for you," he said, before taking the heavy bags of shopping from her grip and carrying them into the kitchen.

   "Why thank you Aiden, you are so kind." She walked behind him after winking at me, a grin on her face. What was all that about? I couldn't be bothered to figure it out; instead I walked up to my room and shut the door behind me. I took my iPod out of my pocket and plugged it into my docking station. Soon my room was filled with the sounds of Panic! At The Disco.