My Enemy?...My House?...NO WAY!!

Ugh! I hate Aiden so much; he makes my life a living hell. I have disliked him immensely ever since I can remember. I think it started back in 1st Grade. I was sitting down listening to my teacher like everyone else when all of a sudden I heard a chopping sound from behind me. I turned around to see Aiden with a pair of scissors in his hands and a smile on his face. At least he had a smile on his face until he knew that I knew what he had done. His face dropped immediately, and was replaced by a worried expression. Tears started to fill my eyes. Why had he done such a horrible thing? Even from a young age I was quite self-conscious and I would never let anyone see me cry, not even if they had just chopped off a few locks of my hair.

   “Miss!” I screamed, turning back around to face the teacher. “Aiden cut my hair!”

   I then remember the teacher walking over to Aiden who was sitting behind me; he looked terrified. “Is this true Aiden? Did you cut Cassie’s hair?”

   “Uh...Urm...No?” Aiden replied almost shaking, hiding the scissors and my dark hair behind his back. After the teacher made him show her his hands and she uncovered the evidence we were both sent to the principal’s office. He was extremely angry with Aiden and couldn’t understand why he did it, so he called both of our parents in, in an attempt to “resolve the problem” What was there to resolve? He had cut my hair! His parents apologised to my parents for his “unusual behaviour.” Yeah. Unusual all right. If only they could have seen into the future. He was mean to me all the time. But then again, I’m not that nice to him either. After the scissors incident, when we were in school a week later, I decided that I would play him at his own game. I wanted to get revenge. Unfortunately after my hair had been cut the scissors had been put up where none of us could reach them, so there was a pretty slim chance of being able to cut his hair. I had no idea what I could do to get back at him. That was until one day at playtime.

   I was sitting by myself under a tree looking up at the birds. Soon a shadow came over me; I looked up to see a pair of brown eyes staring down at me. It was Aiden.

   “What do you want?” I asked in utter despite.

   “I urm...I just wanted to uh say sorry,” he stuttered. Back in those days he was quite shy, but not shy enough to CUT MY HAIR! I could find no way to forgive him, at that age I treasured my hair. I craved revenge. He needed to be humiliated...embarrassed; just like he had done to me. That’s when it came over me. I did it without thinking. I inched closer to him and when I was close enough I pulled his trousers down, to reveal his Spiderman undies. His face turned red immediately. I rolled around on the floor laughing at his expression. He just stood there with his trousers around his ankles, tears welling up in his eyes. Everyone had turned round and was laughing at him. He quickly pulled up his pants and ran out of sight, after giving me a hurt look. I have to admit when I saw that look on his face, aimed at me, my heart broke a little and I felt really bad about what I had done. I can’t even express how much trouble I got in for doing that. Ever since, we have been enemies and have made each other’s lives hell. Today was just another one of those days I suppose.

   I opened the door, “Mom! I’m home!” I stepped inside and closed the door behind me, dropping my rucksack onto the floor. I was so glad that tomorrow was the last day of school, I needed a break.

   “Oh good honey! I have to tell you something,” she called from the kitchen. At that moment the doorbell rang and I went to open it.

   As I opened it I nearly had a heart attack. It was Aiden, with a smirk on his face. I looked behind him and saw what looked like suitcases. I was confused. Really confused.