Chapter 2

Just then my mom appeared behind me. “Hi Aiden,” she welcomed him and ushered him inside. What the hell was she doing? What the hell was he doing here? In MY house? With Suitcases? He picked up his suitcases and walked inside. My mom shut the door behind him and took him into the living room. I just stood in the hall, awestruck. After a few seconds I followed them.

   “Mom! What is...he doing here?” I asked, disgusted.

   “Now Now Cassie, don’t be rude!” Me? Rude? What do you expect when the spawn of Satan is standing in my living room? “Aiden is going to be staying with us for a while.”

   “WHAT?! WHY?!” I practically screeched.

   “His mother has to go away for a while for work and Aiden needed somewhere to stay, so I said he could stay here.”

   “What?! Are you MAD?! He’s EVIL!”

   “Cassandra! That is no way to speak to our guest!” She was speaking in her serious voice. I knew that voice; I had come across it many a time before. That voice meant go no further. “Now help Aiden to his room.” She turned to Aiden. “You’ll be staying in the guest room; everything that you need is in there. If you need anything just ask.”

   “Thank you Miss Anderson.” He smiled at her sweetly. Ugh!

   With that I had to help him upstairs with his suitcases and show him to the guest room. Once we got in there he dumped his suitcases in the corner and smirked at me.

   “Hi,” he said.

   “Ugh!” I replied, before walking out of the room and back to my own, slamming the door behind me. I threw myself onto my bed and looked up at the ceiling. Why did my life have to be so difficult? Why did I have to suffer? Of all the people who could have stayed here, it had to be him.

   I heard a gentle knock at the door. “Come In!” I groaned. The door opened slowly, only to reveal Aiden on the other side. “What do you want?”

   “I’m bored,” he replied simply. “Can I hang out with you?”

   “And why would I want to do that?”

   “Because you secretly love me!” he replied with a smug look on his face, moving to sit down on my bed.

   “Ha! You Wish!” I said sarcastically. “Not even a toad could love you.” I stood up, so did Aiden.

   He moved closer to me, “what’s that I hear? It sounds like chopping...It sounds like your hair!” He had a huge smile on his face as he put his hands on the wall either side of me. I was trapped.

   “You better hope that your belts on tight!” I threatened him. “Do you still wear Spiderman Undies?!” I half smiled evilly.

   “Normally I wouldn’t let anyone do this, but seeing as it’s you, you can check if you want. You know you want to.”

   “Ha! Yeah right! Don’t get too excited!” I pushed him away from me and moved back to my bed. He followed. “What’s up with you following me? Don’t you have something better to do?”

   “Urm...Let me see. Nope. Looks like I’m all yours.”

   “I think I’ll pass.” I said before walking out of my room and downstairs. This time he didn’t follow me. I told my mom that I was going for a walk.

   By the time I got home it was already dinner time. I ate my dinner in silence. When we finished, Aiden thanked my mom, collected our plates, put them in the dishwasher and then went up to his room. I went and watched TV. Later on my mom came in and started talking to me.

   “Isn’t he sweet?” she said. “He’s a lovely boy, so kind and well mannered.” ‘Yeah!’ I thought. ‘And so is rat poison.’ “It’s getting late can you please take him this hot chocolate that I made for him?” she said passing me a warm mug filled with the lovely smelling substance. I reluctantly took it from her and walked upstairs towards his room.

   I knocked on the door. A few seconds later it was opened and standing in the door was Aiden. When I saw him I nearly dropped the burning hot mug. He was topless and just in his boxers. There were faint traces of abs on his stomach. Where did they come from? His dark hair was covering his deep brown eyes. I was in awe. He was so damn HOT! Wait; did I just think what I thought I did? Eww! I couldn’t have. This was Aiden that we’re talking about.

   “I can see you, you know,” he spoke. “I know that you’re staring at me!” A huge grin was spread cutely across his face.

   I was speechless. He knew that I was staring at him. “I-I wasn’t s-staring at you. I just came to give you this.” I thrust the mug of hot chocolate towards him.

   “That’s what they all say,” he chuckled, gently brushing my hand as he took the mug. A weird feeling shot throughout my body when his hand came in contact with mine. “Thanks.” He said, taking a sip from the steaming mug before gently putting it on a coaster. I still just stood there. Then I snapped out of it.

   “Goodnight,” I said, turning to walk out the door and to my room. I felt a hand on my bare arm and turned round to come face to face with Aiden. He was so close, his face just inches from mine.

   “Sweet Dreams,” he whispered. His voice was so warm and smooth; I had never noticed it before. I felt as if I were in a dream.

   “Uh...You too,” I managed to say, my heart caught in my throat. I walked out his room and back to my own. I gently shut my door and lay on my bed. I had so much running through my mind, all in the shape of him...Aiden. I got into my pyjamas and crawled into my bed. I lay on my side, the image of Aiden in my mind: His hair covering his eyes, that cute smile on his face and the feel of his hand on mine.