Chapter 12

I woke up this morning in my bed, all wrapped up nice and warm in my duvet. I stretched my arms out and smiled as I smelt the lovely smell of bacon, wafting through the cracks in my door. My mom must be cooking again. As I got out of bed, I couldn't remember ever going to bed. I searched my mind for what I last remembered. The last thing that I remembered was being outside with Aiden. I must have been so tired that I didn't remember coming up.

I walked out of the door and in my sleepy daze, walked straight into what I expected to be a wall. But then the wall started to close around me, I rubbed my eyes to realise that I had actually walked into Aiden and he was now holding me looking down at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked, seeming somewhat concerned.

"Yep," I answered, still tired. "Just tired, and confused."

"Awh, why?" he genuinely seemed really concerned.

"I don't remember how I got in my room."

He chuckled warmly, "You fell asleep while we were in the garden last night. You were really tired, so I brought you up here."

"Haha, sorry about that. But thanks," I smiled up at him.

"Anytime," he smiled back at me sweetly, and honestly, my heart melted. Then he let me go, and we walked down the stairs together. We said good morning to my mom, ate breakfast and then sat in front of the TV. I rested my head on the arm of the chair, only to be poked in my side by Aiden. I laughed and looked up at him.

"What?"

"How comes you're all the way over there?" he asked, referring to my position on the sofa.

"Because you smell funny," he mocked a shocked look. I just moved to cuddle up to him.

"Naw, I'm joking. You smell really nice." He really did.

"Really? Thanks," he giggled.

"Why do you smell so nice all the time?"

"Well...I don't know, I must have a nice smell in my genes or something. Why? What do I smell like?"

I sniffed at him, making him laugh. "You smell like, Hollister, Starbucks and cinnamon, with a hint of strawberries."

He laughed and stroked my hair. "You're crazy," he said. "But that's why you're amazing." I just laughed at him.

We just lazed around the house all day, watching TV and cuddled up together on the sofa. Honestly, all the time that I spent in his arms, anyone would think that we were attached at the hip or something. I wasn't complaining or anything, I loved being in his warm embrace, it's just that, always being this close to him made my feelings stronger, and I was in dangerously deep. But I suppose that I should enjoy it while it lasts, and when the mystery girl comes along, I will just have to face the facts and let him go. No matter how inhumanly possible it may be.

It was 4 o'clock by the time I finally decided to get dressed, and that was because Aiden and I decided that we wanted to go for a walk. I couldn't believe that we had both stayed in our pyjamas most of the day. Well actually, telling the truth, seeing as it was us...I could imagine it. Fortunately, he had put some pyjama pants and a pyjama top on, so at least I was saved the embarrassment of being caught blushing, or even drooling. Seriously, right now, I wouldn't put it past me.

So we were both walking around the park, laughing and chatting, when we decided to sit down on the grass. As we were sitting talking, we heard a gasp from near us. We looked up to see a few of Aiden's friends on the path near us. He waved at them.