Chapter 6

I've uploaded a picture of Aiden on the side. I really do hope that you like it, and I would really appreciate some feedback. Thank you (:

                                                                       ***

   I woke up the next morning only to see the gently smiling face of Aiden peering down at me. He was lying on top of my covers next to me.

   “Good Morning!” he said cheerfully. “Did you sleep well?”

   “Uh...yes thank you,” I replied, still slightly dazed.

   “What would you like for breakfast?” Why was he being so nice to me? Then it snapped. Today was the day of the bet. I bet him that he couldn’t be nice and kind to me all day. This was going to be fun.

   “Urm...can I just have some cereal please?” I asked.

   “Sure,” he replied rushing out of the room. Before I could completely wake up, he had entered once more; this time bearing food. He poured some lucky charms into a bowl, followed by milk. He then passed the bowl to me along with a spoon. I gratefully took it, thanking him before digging into it. He sat on the end of my bed, looking at me. There was a glint of something in his eyes, but I was no idea of what it could be.

   “What?” I asked.

   “Nothing,” he replied. “Just thinking.”

   “About what?” I asked him.

   “You.”

   “Me?”

   “yes, you,” he confirmed. Why was he thinking about me? What was he thinking about me?

   “May I ask why?”

   “I’m wondering what I can do to that you’ll love so much, that I can win the bet. What could I do?”

   “Urm...I don’t know. Besides, even if I did like I would tell you and just let you win.”

   “Awh Damn!” I smiled at his response and carried on eating my cereal.

   It was quiet for a while and then Aiden spoke up once more. “I’ve decided. Today is all about you, I am going to show you the time of your life...I’m not sure how just yet, but get ready when you’ve finished eating and I will think of something.” Then he got up and left the room before giving me a gentle smile. I couldn’t help but wonder what he had in mind. I was somewhat excited as I got ready. I showered and dressed in my ¾ Denim Shorts and a Justin Bieber tee and then ran downstairs only to literally bump into Aiden.

   “Someone’s happy,” he laughed, catching me before I could fall.

   “What are we doing?” I asked, getting fidgety.

   “That’s a surprise,” he answered.

   “Do I need anything?”

   “I got everything you need here,” he replied pointing to the rucksack slung lazily over his shoulder. He must have seen the puzzled expression on my face. “You’re mom helped me to collect everything, don’t worry I haven’t been rummaging through all of your stuff.” I let out a relieved breath; I mean I didn’t want him finding my diary or anything. Not that I had written anything about him in it. Well actually to tell the truth, I have written a tiny bit about him. Well okay...a lot. I mean, up until now he was my enemy and now he was staying in my house. I had a lot to write okay. I mean I needed to vent somewhere. I suppose I didn’t write anything too embarrassing, but I do remember once or twice commenting that he is quite beautiful. But it’s true...he is. I snapped out of it and put on my shoes. We said goodbye to my mom and I realised that she was smiling at me in a different way. A way that I couldn’t quite decode. While Aiden was checking that we had everything I followed her into the kitchen and asked her why she was smiling so oddly.

   “Aren’t I allowed to smile? I’m just happy that you have a nice boy like Aiden around this summer. He is so sweet; I hope that you have a good time. He’s really trying to be nice to you, I generally think that he likes being around you. Please try and be kind to him, he just wants to be friends with you.”

   “Sure Sure.”

   “Thank you Cassie.”