Double Trouble

**** A Few Days Later / Thursday, April 27th 2023 ****

Noelle's POV

"Look pon yuh to bout yah waddle...."

Micheal's voice calls to me, as I make my way slowly down the stairs.

He lets out a small laugh as his eyes watch me intently as I make my movements closer to him.

"Can tell yuh pickney dem fi hurry up and come out ah mi please" I call back to him, steading my body on the handle of the staircase.

Feel like mi back bout fi rip apart at the fucking seams....

We were both home from work today, just hanging out and lounging around the house.

It was nice to be able to enjoy these small moments of peace, just the two of us --- no distractions.

"Babes...yuh just five months enuh, dem still need fi bake likkle more" he couldn't help himself from laughing at his own joke.

"Booo....tomatoes tomatoes, throwing tomatoes" I teasling taunted before finding a seat on his lap.

His hands immediately find their way around my waist, steadying my body on his.

"Ah 12 o'clock now enuh...and di two ah we still nuh ready" he murmurs, picking up his phone to show me the time on his lock screen.

We had our 18-week check-up today with my gynecologist, this was the appointment where she would confirm the gender of the twins.

"Shit...mi need fi text mi man and remind him bout di appointment"

At this point, it seem like seh mi reach another level of boredom...because clearly mi love trouble.

Mi already know seh dis nah go end well, but mi love ramp and ah dat ah mi problem.

"Dangerous game yah play enuh...." he says, grabbing my face with his free hand.

"Memba seh certain joke cyaa run round here....doh figet who yuh ah deal wid Noelle"

I try to make out the emotion on his face, his eyes were dark and intense but his face was plastered with an eerily wicked smile.

Moments like these mek mi realize who mi deh wid...

A mad bomboclaat somebody!

As if the interaction never happened, I watch as his facial expression switches back to its normal state.

His mood takes on a complete reset as he pulls me closer to him, placing soft kisses on the nape of my neck as he scrolls through his phone.

I was honestly so shocked that I couldn't even get myself to respond.

A badman yuh did wah, right?

So ah badman yuh get.....

"Come mek we go shower so we can cut...." he mumbles, moving me gently off his lap.

I stand frozen in place for a bit, as I watch him move towards the stairs.

"Mi frighten yuh fi true?" he turns to question me.