Mirage

**** The Next Day / Wednesday, February 1st 2023 ****

Micheal's POV

I decided to stay home with her today, I didn't like the idea of leaving her alone.

Not right now, especially wid everything weh a gwaan....

When Noelle tell mi seh some man go ah her office and ask fi her, is like seh mi whole mood shift.

I had to try and keep her calm, in an effort to not alarm her....but dem kinda sumn deh nuh juss happen.

Mi know seh mi no perfect, I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, stuff weh mi still haffi ah aks God fi forgiveness fah.

When yuh inna waan state a survival yuh wi willing fi do anything to keep yourself and those you love alive.

Mi no regret nutt'n weh mi do, cah inna does moments I made the decision between life or death.

But mi ah start fi realize seh dem sumn deh ah come back roun now, nothing ever really goes away.

Mi still nuh know who coulda ah ask fi Noelle, especially by name.

But I had a feeling in my gut that it wasn't going to be the last time they would come back around looking for her.

And to how di place dawk right now, mi know seh it wouldn't be no conversation dem ah look.

She was currently upstairs working in her personal office, I was downstairs in the basement studio trying on some logistical stuff sorted out for one of my artist's upcoming album.

I have an in-home studio for when mi artist dem need fi fawud and mek likkle music, it's attached to my at-home office.

I had been racking my brain all night with how I wanted to approach this situation.

Right now my plan was to get in contact with Nickoi and see if he knew anything that could help.

I pull out my phone to let him know I was going to stop by soon.

Mi shoulda probably bring Noelle wid me...she probably waan see Angel.

I close out the applications on my MacBook before walking out of the studio and closing the door behind me.

"Babe....." I call up the stairs once I am in the living room.

I hear shifting upstairs then my eyes come in contact with her body as she looks over the balcony at me.

"Y pree Spragga?"

Troublemaker....

"Mi ago link Koi, yuh waan fwaud?"

"Yea....mek mi juss change really quickly then we can cut"

I sit down on the couch and open Netflix while I wait for her to get ready.

Knowing her....we nah leff yasso anytime soon.

After about 20 minutes, I hear her footsteps come down the stairs, I reach for the remote to turn off the TV and stand on my feet.

I move over to the key holder and grab the keys to my BMW before opening the front door for her to walk outside.

"Mi love how Jamaica juss warm....right now if mi did deh ah New York mi woulda inna waan big dutty coat now enuh" she says with a laugh as we walk towards the car.

"Yea mi coulda neva leff Jamaica, mi nuh like the cold" I reply back, walking over to open her door.

Once were on the road, we ketch up inna di evening traffic.