Boss

TRIGGER WARNING: VIOLENCE & BLOOD

**** Few Days Later / Saturday, February 11th 2023 ****

Micheal's POV

Imagine if every time you met someone, you would have the ability to see your entire relationship flash in front of your eyes from beginning to end.

Now imagine, during this flash, you find out that the reason your relationship with this person ends would be because they would end up betraying you, which would ultimately lead to you having to kill this person.

Mi wish mi coulda see dah flash deh.....

If I had known that after almost ten years of friendship, I would be standing over Nardane's body, holding a gun to his head, maybe I wouldn't have been so eager to get to know him.

I didn't want to take the life of someone who I once considered to be like my brother.

But he had left me no other choice.

Popcaan has a song called "Family", there's a line in the song where he says "If ah one thing mi hate a friend killa, mi nuh believe inna friend killa".

One thing Popcaan neva did consider doh was what would happen if your so-called "friend" was plotting to kill you first.

I still can't even begin to verbalize the amount of rage I felt come through my body as I listened to Noelle explain to me about Abi had told her.

Mi haffi kill him. Those words ran through my brain, over, and over, and over again.

Like a never-ending nightmare of ah song.

As I looked down to see him with his knees on the ground and his hands placed on top of his head, a part of me couldn't help but think about his mother Ms. Phyliss.

Nickoi and Nardo had met at Bethabara Primary and Junior High in Newport, and then when I met Sheldon, Nickoi introduced me to Nardo and Blacks.

From weh a likkle bwoy we ah par enuh....

Ms. Phyliss used to always look out fi we, she neva yet see one ah we hungry an nuh mek wi likkle food.

"Unuh come eehn like mi pickney enuh" she would say to us when we would visit her house.

Mi always rate her differently fi dat.

As I looked down at her son, as he was bleeding out onto the concrete warehouse floors, I wondered what she was doing this evening.

Wonder when last him call him mada, and tell her seh him love her...

All of that mattered in this moment because soon enough I would be taking the life of her only son.

And soon after, I would have to have someone make a call to her phone to give her the news.

Not long after that, she would start to plan his dead yard and funeral and I would have to arrange some money to pay for everything.

Wonder if ah mi alone think bout dem sumn yah....

God neva mek mi fi be a killa, but God also neva mek mi fi be a fool.

I knew that the only way to get this entire situation under control for good was to kill him.

Di man plan fi setup mi ooman fi get mi, mi cyaa never forgive him.

Even if mi mek him live, mi ago always feel paranoid, so is better mi juss dead it right yasso.

I think the most complicated part of this whole thing was having to let Nickoi and Blacks know about what I was planning.