chapter 18

Okay I want to thank y'all for the support so far it's been overwhelming 🤧🤧. The image above shows our efforts guys. It's has been what has kept me 😊😊😊.
Okay let me not bore you. Have fun reading

Iris Pov

Being in the palace feels like I'm in a haze after Magdalene and how's that we are going to the palace to perform for Prince Desmond's birthday.

what I don't understand is why am here?

With The King announcing the stake, I watch the princes' resume their game, turn competition as they shoot ferociously. Excitement broke out from the maids and guards as they watch. Guess both princes' needed the money because it was a tie.

"Iris is that you? the voice I could never forget called

I turn instantly to see my friend Rose I cried in delight, as I hug her.

I miss you she whispered in my ears not letting go of me.

And I you I replied with the same emotion. either of us letting go.

we disentangled after what felt like an eternity. smiling at each other.

"look at your hair" she said examining the braided ends.

I had to braid it to keep it in check I replied laughing. as we began to make our way out of the field.

"have you been well?" she asked

I smile and nodded. I see you got promoted I said trying to change the subject.

my friend not noticing it smile in pure awe.

"yes I have I am now charged with cooking the prince food" she said as her face glow in pride

That's Lovely Rose, tell me has anything happened in the palace since I left I asked eager for some gossip.

"A lot, prince Desmond is getting married to princess Mitian, Evelyn got demoted and was given to Sir Dewayne as his concubine" she narrated

What happened? I asked curiously

"she was caught in a compromising position with George, and George declared he had no intention to do right by her" she said shaking her head.

Oh that is a pity, I did thought he loved her, I said taking in a deep breath.

"I would say it serve her right but when I see her state I feel pained for her" Rose said

Why is she not doing well?I asked confused

she abruptly stop walking and turn to face me and whispered to me
"Sir Dewayne is always beating her claiming that she's not pure"

I gasp in horror what a what a wretched man he is. I said in disgust.

"Yes, and George is no better" she said as we resume our walking

We were silent, with our foot step creating a nice rhyme for each in her thought.

"What brought you............" she was interupted by a servant stopping at our front.

'Prince Desmond summon's you' he said .

I withdraw my hand from Rose as she step forward and ask "was there something wrong with the food"

'The Prince summons Iris Anna' the guard repeated ignoring Rose's question.