Chapter 13

We finally arrive at Trindish kingdom after three days ride. Not in the mood to enter the palace yet I sent the knights to go ahead of me. Leaving me with my man servant.

"We need a place to rest for tonight before we enter the palace." he voiced as we dismounted from our horses.

'hummmmm' I replied.

The busy market made it impossible for me walk aimlessly.As we tried to walk in the midst of the people while holding our horses so they don't get spooked.

"did you hear that the courtesan house will allow Susan serve the highest bidder today?" the voice filter to my ears and I halt my to hear more.

"what a lucky fellow that will be" said another voice.

"not only that she will probably server in bed too" said another voice.

"sire" Peter called

'get me a mask' I said as I continue to walk.

"A mask? what for?"he asked puzzled.

'we will be going to the courtesan's house.' I said

"Then why do you need mask?" he asked facing me trying to see my thoughts through my eyes.

'We are supposed to be in the palace, yet we are going to the courtesan's House' what will happen if the king hears of it?

"I see" he turn to go then I called out to him.

And Peter'

"Yes sire''

'The most hideous one' I said

"Of course sire" he replied with a secret smile playing at the edge of his lips.

After leaving our horses in a rented stables, I changed out of my clothes and wore something else. And a mask that covers half my face we step into the courtesan's House.

The whole place was engulf in loud chatters and music trying to find it ways to the people who are trying to listen.

I look around to see the lord's of Trindish laughing and drinking with young maiden not even interested in them except for the money they will give.

why am I here? I question myself. It been quite a while I enjoy the company of a lady. After Iris left I couldn't bear to be in their midst.

"Welcome my lord's'' a shrilly voice greet as her strong perfume invaded my nostrils.

I turn to face her and nodded in response as I move back a little.

" am Magdalene" the mistress of this house, how may we be of service to you? she ask in her face smile as she eye us kneely.

" we are merchant, we would like a chalet and a bath will do good.Peter answered as I look around trying to pick out the Susan among the throngs of people.

But my gaze was meet with lord's in their drunken state.

'where is your most sought after I asked'

"oh she giggled as she covers her mouth with the fan. It will cost you a lot to see her"

'Will this do?' I asked as I threw a bag of silver coins at her.

"she will serve you once you are done with your bath" she said as she quickly tuck the bag of coins in the clothes.

'bring her to my room' l said as I followed the maid's to our chalet.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Magdalene POV

"I can not lie with a man in a hideous mask" cried Susan.

'you are a courtesan, it is your job. I said to her.

" But my reputation will be ruined if words get out I lay with someone in a hideous mask" she cried.

'What do you propose I do then? I can't return the money.'

"Send Iris she said after awhile."

'what? No...... if the merchant discovers we play him for a fool...... I trailed off as I picture him collecting the money back.

"Never has anyone offer to pay that amount of money for Susan before."

"Who is to know? he has never seen me or Iris before, she argue standing up to hold my hands.

'even at that Susan Iris is a laundry maid she won't do it.'

"Not if you threaten her, Please Magdalene"she pleaded as she tighten her hold on my wrist.

"If words get out that I lay with a hideous merchant what will the future of the house be?"she asked.

my resolve crumble quickly as a picture an empty courtesan house and me being replaced by another for lack of proper management.

'Where is Iris? I asked

"She would be in her sleeping quarter" Susan reply.

'Come let's go' I said I march out down the hall for a sole purpose of getting Iris to do my bid.

xxxxxxxx

Iris Pov

On the thin mattress I was lucky to get in the market, with the little I saved while I was in the palace. I toss and turn trying to find a good spot.

A sigh left me as I tried to force myself to sleep. Once my eyes started getting drowsy and closing gently, it was forced open by the sudden brightness that enveloped the room.

I sat up immediately once I saw Mistress Magdalene step into my room.

This is bad, why is she here? even Susan is here.'Did I not do her laundry properly?' perhaps Susan complained about me? she must be here to punish me, I might as well say goodbye to sleep tonight. I thought sitting up

"Dress her up" Mistress Magdalene said to two maid's who came in and pulled me up.

'wait, what is happening? 'I asked as I tried to keep hold on my clothes that was being tugged off.

"leave us" she said to the maids I watched them scurry out.

"Tonight you'll be serving a merchant" she said to me after the maid's left.

'Serving? confused about what she is saying, but I am a........ I trailed off looking at her could they be short of staff? Since tonight Susan will entertaining the highest bidder.

"you will be serving the merchant in bed" she said steadily.

A sudden gasp left me 'no please, I rush to hold her garment. 'The king said am to be a laundry maid' I said to her.

"The king is not here, I am" she said as she shook my hands off her cloth.

'please ,I promise to work better than before, just don't do this to me please'

"you will serve the merchant or I let Guyus have his fill" she said to me.

I felt the cold give me a whiplash that send fear into my body, I sank to the floor as I tried to keep the images out of my head.

The mention of Guyus anywhere kept me awake for several weeks. I thought I had gotten over it, I guess not.

"Enter" Magdalene said once she noticed my stance has changed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Another unedited chapter. I apologize for any typos.

Merry Christmas🎄🎄to all Wattpad readers and writers.