Chapter 17

Prince Desmond Pov

My birthday celebration has brought guest around in whom I didn't want around.

At least I know he can never find her no matter how hard he tries.

George I need you to deliver this to Iris I said to my man servant as I handed him the letter.

Tell her her to write to me like she did before. I  said

"yes sire” came his swift reply

I watch him leave, he has been a great help over the year. With him being the one delivering my letters to her and getting her response.

her letter has kept me sane over the months, knowing that she living well is a big relief

I long to see and have her. That is why I have struck a deal with my father. To marry Princess Mitian and have her as my concubine.

had Nickolas not tried to come between us everything would have been fine.But he just had to ..........

A knock brought my train of thought to an halt.

Enter! I said

"Sire, Prince Nickolas invites you to an Archery game"

I snickered at the words. a game we both no we can never play a game.

Tell him I will be there. I answered as I bid the servant off.

As I got dress, I couldn't help but to think what Nicholas was doing out of the palace, while his entourage were already in the palace.

Walking towards the field to see him stand with his back to me and Peter his man servant with him.

I walk with renewed determination to get it over with, but alas the game seem to have drawn onlookers. who were giggling and whispering amongst themselves.

Couldn't you keep a low profile prince Nicolas? I asked  as I got to his front

''l like to stir up the place" he replied smirking

How could I forget I replied with a smirk of my own.  As I picked up the bow and arrow and fired the first shot that hit the bulls eye.

pray tell why this? I asked as I watch him draw his bow.

"I wanted to talk to you, and what better way to do it than over an Archery game". he said as he released the arrow.

The trumpet sounded announcing the presence of my father before I could reply.

Father, king Arundel we said simultaneously

"I see you both are having fun,what is the stake" father asked

Nothing Father I reply.

"They have to be a stake to bring out the best. A thousand pieces of sliver," father announced leaving the field.

"Why don't we use a higher stake" Prince Nickolas suggested

Alright? and that will be? I asked not trusting him.

"Her" he said

As I turn to face the  direction he was looking at. only to see the red head woman that sent my heart galloping like a horse .

Iris I whispered and I heard the whoosh of an arrow...

              xxxxxxxxx

I know it's a short chapter but I had to update today. thank you all for reading don't forget to vote and leave me a comment.

Next update by tomorrow by 7pm. And I have got great news for you all tomorrow ☺️☺️☺️