Chapter 14

"Enter" mistress Magdalene said and the maid's who left walk in quietly. And began to tug off my clothes.

While I was in the bath I could hear noise of moving object in my room. "I thought I could avoid this day after Guyus, I should have known it not possible".

"Don't dawdle, Mistress Magdalene snap at the maid's.  we don't have all day dress her up and be quick!"

The maids hasten their actions with dolling me up. Once they were done Mistress Magdalene nodded her head in approval of my appearance. And she move out of my room.

The maids and myself trailed behind Mistress Magdalene and Susan as we stop at the door I presume i housing the merchant. He must be a rich merchant to afford the whole chalet.

"you can leave now"  mistress Magdalene said to the maids who  ran off quickly.

I shiver in cold as the gust of breeze they left behind toyed with the flimsy dress I wore.

"Come"  she said as I walked towards her in obedience.

" Remember, if you are asked if you are the most sought after, you are to answer yes.  if I find out that you did not serve him  I promise,  Guyus will thank me for the whole week.

I nodded as I tried to still my racing heart.

"Go on"Susan  said as she pushed me towards the door.

I stumbled slightly and knock,  I froze as I heard "enter".

"Tonight you will become a courtesan"  Susan whispered with her signature smirk as she left with Magdalene.

I swallowed in a much-needed hair as I pushed the door open.

The room was decorated with fine  linens and a huge bed at the ends. The last time I had a feel of a bed like that was when I.......

The door opening from the walk in closet made my thoughts run to a halt.

it can't be..... I move closer to see him. Is he the merchant? or did I enter the wrong room. Even with the hideous mask he had on I can still tell that who he is.

"Ir.. Iris ....what ... what are you doing here" as he move closer to me with the light giving faint illumination to the room.

My heart gave a familiar jolt emotions that I dare not dwell on. I look at him to see his tired expression  as he tried to find out the reason am before him.

'I will be serving you tonight' I said camly. To my surprise I didn't stutter or sound terrified like the way am feeling on the inside.

"No it can't be, you are not a courtesan  Peter made sure of it" he said as run his hand through his hair. A sign that he usually does when he his agitated.

"No, no it can't be you are not supposed to be here, I wrote to the ....."

I tune out his words as I watch him ramble on and on. I took the time to study him. his hair seem to have grown longer and it still maintain his shiny and silky nature it always had.

His eyes look tired and his shoulder look stiffed. I am suddenly over come with the urge to know what going on with him. What wrong with me? after what he did to me........

I watch him move to the door alarmingly I asked him 'what are you doing' as I quickly block is way

"I am going to have a word with the mistress of this house" he replied looking at me

'you can't' I said as my heart  began to race in fear. The image of Guyus filthy breathe made me hold onto Nicholas dress shirts.

"why not?" he asked waiting for me to answer but I can not. Not because  I don't want to but because I can't say it.

So I chose to keep quiet , looking away from him.

"I will not be played for a fool"  he said as he try to move away from me.

' please I pleaded you can't' I pleaded as my grip on his dress shirt tightened.

"But I can't do this to you Iris, I will forever bear the guilt" he reply as he peel my hand from a shirt,as he move towards the door to open it.

I quickly move to the table holding the food and fruit,  and  pick up the table knife and place it on my neck.

"what are you doing? Put down the knife please" he  said alarmingly.

'If you step out of this room then  I promise you that when you return it will be my corpse that will greet you' I said

we stare at each other in conquest and I saw him move closer to me. leaving the door slightly ajar.

'Don't come closer, I warned him and he stop in his track. he trained his eyes on the knife that I held to my neck.

'Close the door' I said

When he refused to bulge I press the knife closer to my neck and I felt a sting I wince in pain. determine to kill myself if need be.

"Okay, Okay I want to leave,  please drop the knife". He said closing the door.

'Not until you promise me to lay with me'. I said

"I can't Iris,  not like this" . he said with pained voice.

'Then I will rather die' I reply as  the knife closer and tighter to my neck.  It instantly bite deeper into my skin.

I close my eyes at his hesitation and drew in a full breath.

"Wait!! I heard his voice my grip on the knife loosen.

"I promise" he said so drop the knife Iris.

Gratefully I drop the knife with my blood clothing it side. he move close to me to inspect the wound.

I swat his hand away as I got to rid of his dress shirt and then his hideous mask.
                    xxxxxxx

Unedited chapter. I apologize for any typos.

So Iris is prepared Humm.🤨🤨

She literally forced Prince Nicholas.
What do you think??🤔🤔.

Should prince Nicholas have given in to her demands,  or perhaps find out order means.

Tell me your thoughts in the comment section below.