Chapter 10

I have been hiding in my chamber for a week now, I expected prince Harry would come see me or ask me to come to him, but that never happened.

Prince Nickolas has been my regular visitor, he keeps me company and he even went as far as station guards by my door. I even have maid at my Beck and call. It does feel unease at first but I learn to ignore it. After I have spoken to Prince Nickolas about it and he said it for my protection.

I couldn't argue with him, the fear of princess Vidia still fresh in my mind. I was braiding my hair for the night when my door open to admit Prince Nickolas. I turn to look at him what is he doing here at this time of the day?

dress in a white shirt that stretch across his broad shoulder. I watch him walk to my window and face out. what wrong? his tensed shoulder is speaking words that are putting me on my toes.

'what wrong? I ask his rigid back' quietly.

the silence was ear deafening as I waited for him to answer me. I kept help but wonder if prince Harry has gone back without me and he is concerned about that.

"nothing"  came his reply after awhile.

'are you alright?' I ask again.

"yes am fine, I came to see you he said with his back still facing me."

'Am right behind you' I said puzzled.

"So have been thinking...... Prince Harry will be leaving next week....." he said slowly.

'oh.....okay' I reply suddenly sad about leaving.

"And  the queen would come see you tomorrow and Harry himself."

'okay so.........I trailed off still not understanding what he was saying.

"I think you have helped me enough, It's time we stop." he said facing me.

'okay' I reply as my I look up at him trying to deduce his emotions.

"Father has promised to let me choose who I want to marry, that's when am ready."

'I see' I said feeling sad about it, what was I thinking, that he might keep me around?

"But........ he countiuned, my heart rate spike up in excitement.

'But what?' I asked eagerly waiting his response.

"I have to tell the court..... that I was enchanted."

confused with his statement I cock my head to the side a little trying to understand what he was saying.

'what does that mean?' I asked

"It means that I have to tell the court that I was under the influence of a spell you cast." he explained looking at me intently.

I gasp in surprise at his words. " But you wouldn't, right?' I ask him pleadingly, holding his hand in mine.

"l have to, he said looking at me, I don't have a choice" he said.

my eyes teared up immediately as I drop my hand from his. I tried to stop the flow, but I couldn't.

'I don't know any spells or of it existence.' I sniff in vigorously

"I Know you don't but, we are talking about my future here Iris" he argued.

I gasp in pain as it wrench my heart I stumbled backwards as the pain I've never felt before made me choke on my tears.

"am sorry Iris" he said stretching out his arm towards me I step aside to avoid his touch.

did I mention that I was hurt when prince Harry refers to me as a maid? well this is much more worse because I trusted Prince Nickolas and he had it dashed to thin pieces.