CHAPTER 12

ONE YEAR LATER

The harsh cold nip at my skin as I wash the clothes. I sign as I watched the stream flow by, gently caressing my thoughts.

life can be fifty shades from being a water maid to a courtesan cleaner. how hilarious it is that a year has flown by.

The drop of clothes brought my attention to the piles of clothes beside me and I look up to see 'Susan' who is the most sought-after.

"there is my clothes don't steal or damage anything". she said

I nodded as I go through the piles of clothes in the basket, to see that they are all clean laundry.

' these are clean I said looking up at her'.

"they are not washed properly, so wash them again" she reply rudely.

'wicked witch I muttered'.

" what did you say?" she asked throwing daggers at me with a blazing eyes.

'nothing' I reply.

"good" she said and walk away leaving her scent behind as reminder of her gruesome presence.

I have learnt that if I get on her 'susan' bad side, no meal for a week.And more laundry, that's The Perks of being the most sought after.

xxx
Prince Nickolas POV

It's been a year now since Iris left and I could barely get a decent sleep. Are hurt expression plague my mind.

I made the right decision by letting prince Harry take her away. it's a good thing that Harry said "he will take care of it".

But just to ease my conscience I had to write to the king so that she won't be punished.

I hope she's fine. I groan in pain as I place my arm on my pounding head as the word kept repeating "I hate you''.

"sire it's time to wake up, the king request your presence at the breakfast table".Peter said as he open the windows to let in the sun rays.

'Alright get me a clean shirt.'

the whole lot we are already seated at the table having their breakfast when I walked in and took my seat beside my sister Charlotte.

Charlotte tapped me after a while, and I face her after a while asking her what's wrong.

"father is talking to you" she said gently.

"What is wrong son" father asked.

'nothing' I reply in a clip tone.

my relationship with My Father has gone sour since the day he made me choose the crown over Iris life. I can still remember it like yesterday.

FLASHBACK

i can't father I said in shock at what he suggested.

"you have to, prince Harry gave his words to protect her. She will be fine as long as you let her leave now.

'but father Iris........

" the court are already submitting pleas, how far do you think I can hold on son''

'no I can't do that to her, she will hate me forever' I said after awhile.

''her hate or you losing the kingdom to your uncle, make your decision'' father said as he left me alone with my thoughts.

Harry walk in immediately father left, and I knew that father must have ask him to come.

'Har ....... '

''you have ruined her'' he interrupted.

'I know and I'm sorry I didn't mean for this to happen like this, I really..... '

''sorry can't fix what happened and all your misdeeds''.

'that's why I need you to help her' I said making a decision that shook my gut.

''what do you mean?'' he asked facing me.

'I will write to your father to clear her name, then you will help her get out of the palace'. I explained

''how is that helping her'' he asked glaringly.

'She won't have to be a maid ever again but a free citizen I said with my patience at the thin end.

''If I take her with me, you will never see her again'' he said pointing his finger at me and then stormed off.

END OF FLASHBACK

''son are you listening'' fathers voice brought me out of my trance.

'Yes I reply absentmindedly'.

''So when are you leaving'' he ask

'Leave?', for what?' I asked confused.

''prince Harry's birthday and engagement my mum said.

'I won't be going' I reply as I clean my mouth preparing to leave.

''And why not?''father asked as he sip his drink slowly.

' It's a three days journey that I have no pleasure to under take'.

''Well , I think you should go. Father said placing his fork down. All other kingdoms will be there we can't be absent''

''Yes brother, Kate my sister said.

''yes brother go who knows you might see Iris''. Charlotte said innocently and the twins let out a choked giggles.

My breath hitch at just hearing her name. I gulp down the wine in my cup trying to pacify my patch throat.

'We leave tomorrow' I finally said then I stood up and leave not even waiting for father's response.

xxxxxxx

Unedited chapter. I apologize for any spelling error.
don't forget to leave a comment
😘😘😘