chapter 16

I watch her chest raise and fall in her deep slumber, I wish we could be like this forever......

but one thing I don't understand is why is she here? prince Desmond promised to take care of everything, what could have gone wrong?

I loud knock caused her eyes to snap open. as Peter strode in .

sire? peter called out.

what is it I answered as I watch Iris get dressed

a message from the Palace he said.

get me a clean shirt, I reply as I made my way out to see him.

what wrong I asked as I button up my shirt.

The king found out you are here and has officially requested you join them in the palace........

you're leaving? Iris asked me interrupting Peter

I have to I reply.

she nodded as she stare off playing with her gown absentmindedly.

come with me I said to her as Peter get busy

I wish I can but I can't she replied refusing to meet my gaze

why not I asked tipping her head so I can see her face perhaps I can deduce her thought.

I can only leave if the king issue an order..... she trailed off

confused by her words I stared at her why would the king issue an order can't you be bought?

am not a courtesan Nick, I was sent here as a maid to the courtesan's. she explained

Then why were ............. I moved back as I began to fix the pieces together.

they sent you here because of the mask isn't it. I asked

hummm was her short reply, as she continued to toy with her sleeves

what if I wasn't the one and you were sent would you...... I refuse to complete the words because of the bile that is raising in me

I would was her instant reply finally looking at me

what!! you would lay with a stranger I asked again

yes I would.

in fit of rage I walk towards her as I held her close to me. I can't believe you would behave like a whore I spat

she wrung herself from my grasp has she gave an echoing slap that caused peter to gasp in fear.

her eyes threw daggers at me ignoring Peter gasp.

you have no right to say that to me. because you have no idea what I have been through she cried as she stab her finger at my chest.

feeling remorse for what I said to her I tried to hug her but she push me away. my stumbling didn't even get her attention as she continued talking.

while you were in your palace with the walls as your shield, I am being plagued by my dreams.

so I will rather lay with someone I wouldn't be seeing again than having a constant reminder of it. she yelled at me.

I closed the gap between us and held her to me as she kept crying.

am sorry I whispered as I sooth her crys.

                    **********

Iris Pov

am back to my normal life with prince Nicolas leaving immediately after our fight. I could tell that he want to ask me a lot but not in the mood to answer any I urge him on his way.

I myself had to refrain myself from asking him what brought him to our kingdom.

Iris Anna!! my name echoed in my sparsely decorated room.

I sprang out of measley mattress in fear as I moved quickly to the door where Madame Magdalene and Susan are standing.

I moved to join them at the corridor as I reply yes madame

who was the man you lay with asked madame Magdalene

I don't understand I reply confused as to what she is talking about

I just got a letter and guess what in it she said as she threw a paper at me.

I hurriedly picked it up as my eyes ran through it. I gasp as the content in it jumped at me

so I asked again who is the man you lay with she asked as Susan snatch the paper from me with a hard glare.

I have no idea about who he is madame

Really? but you read that you too are quite close she replied slowly

that's not true madame. I denied as I tried to still my racing heart.

what does he look like  Susan asked moving close to me. in fear I step back that must have irritated her as she advance and held me in place.

I wouldn't know, he had his mask on the entire time I lied keeping my voice steady

Susan grit's her teeth as she push me away, I fell as my head hit the wall. I grimace in pain.

you're lying Madame Magdalene said after awhile. call me Guyus she said to a maid who was passing by.

no please I crawled towards her and held her skirt. I really don't know who the man was or saw his face madame.

Madame Magdalene you sent for me. the crooked voice said, I froze in fear. 

Guyus she is all yours she said looking at me I panicked as I moved back from her.

knowing fully well I can't run he will find me, I watched as he staggered in his drunken state toward me.

please I cried I didn't see his face, crying but I watch as Madame Magdalene and Susan begin to walk away.

why can't I just admit that I know him? I question myself as I closed my eyes waiting for the inevitable to come.

wait!! madame Magdalene said my eyes sprang open noting that Guyus was just an arm stretch from me.

I noticed a maid holding the tray for letters and madame Magdalene face burst into smiles as she drop the crested letter back on the tray.

your fun has to wait, she said to a drunken Guyus who slurred a yes and walked away. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

but why Madame Susan cried

we are going to the palace

Dudunnnnnn
Someone is going to the palace 😉😉😉
I apologize for any typos 😔😔😔
Who is ready for the next chapter.
Don't forget to vote 😉😄
Love you 😘😘😘😘😘