XIII

Hyo-Joo's POV

Spring vacation had finally arrived, and it presented us with the opportunity to steal moments together amidst the blossoming flowers and warm breeze. With our relationship carefully concealed, we devised secret rendezvous in our quiet neighborhood. These moments, filled with stolen kisses and the simple pleasure of holding hands, became the highlights of our days.

One sunny afternoon, In-Sung's voice danced with excitement on the phone as he shared some wonderful news. "Hyo-Joo," he began, "my parents are going on a business trip, and they'll be away for a while. I was wondering if you could come over to my house. We could hang out and spend some quality time together."

My heart fluttered with joy at the thought of being alone with him, free from prying eyes and secret glances. "Yes," I replied, my voice filled with enthusiasm. "I'd love to, In-Sung. It sounds like a perfect plan."

As I prepared to leave my home, brimming with excitement, fate had a different plan. Just as I was about to step out the door, a familiar face appeared before me. It was Kyung-Soo, my dear friend, standing there unexpectedly. Panic set in as I realized I couldn't simply leave with him waiting outside.

Quickly, I pulled out my phone and sent a message to In-Sung, explaining the situation. "I'm so sorry, In-Sung," I typed hurriedly. "My friend Kyung-Soo is here, and I can't leave him waiting. I won't be able to come over today."

As I hit send, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment. It seemed fate had intervened once more, but I knew that In-Sung would understand.

In-Sung had carefully prepared a romantic date plan, hoping to spend quality time together without any interruptions. However, it seemed that fate had other ideas. Almost every time he arranged something special, unexpected visits from my relatives or classmates would disrupt our plans, leaving us both frustrated. 

In-Sung's POV

As the days passed, I found myself trying to stay cool and focused on my studies at home while secretly hoping that Hyo-Joo would remember she had a boyfriend. I tried to be patient, believing that my turn in her schedule would come eventually.

I walked into Hyo-Joo's house, trying to maintain a calm façade, but my frustration was evident. She noticed my mood instantly and asked what was bothering me, her brows furrowed with concern.

"In-Sung, what's wrong? You look upset," she inquired, her voice soft and caring.

I let out a sigh, deciding to voice my feelings. "Well, I thought we could spend some quality time together today, just the two of us."

Hyo-Joo's expression shifted as she realized her mistake. "Oh, In-Sung, I'm so sorry. I totally forgot about our plans. Ji-Min and Hyo-Jin invited me to watch a movie, and I agreed without thinking."

I feigned a hint of annoyance, choosing to play along. "It's fine, I guess. We didn't have any concrete plans anyway."

Hyo-Joo's remorse was evident in her voice as she quickly apologized. "I messed up, In-Sung. I'm really sorry."

I maintained my façade, smirking slightly. "Well, since you're so busy with your friends, I'll figure out something else to do."

Worried that our disagreement might escalate, Hyo-Joo tried to reason with me. "Wait, In-Sung, please don't be like this. I can talk to Ji-Min and Hyo-Jin. We can reschedule our movie night."