XI

Hyo-Joo's POV

The morning of my birthday started with a symphony of incoming messages, all wishing me the happiest of birthdays. My friends had sent their warm greetings, and each message brought a smile to my face. It was a wonderful way to begin the day, surrounded by the love of my friends.

Hyo-Jin: "Happy Birthday, Hyo-Joo! 🎉🎂 Let's make this day unforgettable!"

Ji-Min: "Happy Birthday, Hyo-Joo! 🎈🎁 You're one of a kind, and I'm grateful to have you as a friend. Here's to another year of adventures!"

Seung-Gi: "Happy Birthday, Hyo-Joo! 🎂🎉 Wishing you all the best on your special day!"

Ji-Sub: "Happy Birthday, Hyo-Joo! 🎈🎂 May your day be as amazing as you are!"

Amidst the messages, one notification stood out, and my heart skipped a beat with anticipation. It was from In-Sung, and his message arrived exactly at midnight, a clear sign that he wanted to be the very first to greet me on my special day.

In-Sung <3: "Happy Birthday, my dearest Hyo-Joo! 🎂🎉 On this day, I wanted to be the very first to wish you a day filled with joy, love, and everything beautiful. May your smile shine as brightly as the sun, and may all your dreams come true.

I hope this year brings you all the success, happiness, and love your heart can hold. You've brought so much laughter and warmth into our lives, and I can't wait to create even more wonderful memories together. Thank you for being the incredible person you are. Every moment with you is a cherished treasure, and I'm eagerly looking forward to celebrating your special day with you! I love you !"

I was overwhelmed with emotion as I read his heartfelt words. It was a message of love, and I knew it. My heart swelled with affection for this sweet man who had captured my heart.

Before I could finish reading the rest of his touching message, my phone rang, and In-Sung's name illuminated the screen. With eager anticipation, I answered the call, my voice filled with warmth.

"Hello?" I greeted him, feeling a rush of happiness at hearing his voice.

In-Sung's voice was equally warm and filled with excitement as he repeated, "Happy Birthday, Hyo-Joo!"

His sweet words made my heart soar, and I couldn't help but respond with gratitude, "Thank you, In-Sung. Your message was incredibly sweet."

In-Sung's voice took on a slightly apologetic expression. "Hyo-Joo, Ji-Sub won't be able to make it. He has a practice session scheduled for today." My initial disappointment quickly faded, replaced by understanding. I knew that sometimes, commitments had to take precedence.

"It's alright," I reassured In-Sung with a soft smile. "I understand. Ji-Sub will be with us in spirit, and I couldn't ask for better friends like you."

We ended our call, but the warmth of In-Sung's wishes lingered, and I turned my gaze to the window, where the soft morning light bathed the room in a golden glow. 

I whispered to myself, "Happy Birthday, Hyo-Joo," feeling grateful for the love, friendship, and promising moments that awaited me on this special day.

As I was getting ready for my birthday celebration, my phone rang, and I saw that it was Hyo-Jin calling. I answered with a cheerful tone, "Hey, Hyo-Jin!"