surprise

Prisha's POV

“ 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘺 𝘢𝘵 7 𝘱𝘮 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘱. "

~ 𝘙𝘪𝘥𝘩𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘢

Riddhima passed me this note. What does it mean? Why she wants me to come to the park at 7 ? My impulsive thoughts declined from going their but my  curiousity led me in the park.

I thought probably they will apologize for what they did if they ever realized. I crossed the road and entered the park. I looked around to see anyone, but no one was there.
I knew it this was some sort of prank, I shouldn't have come down here to make a fool of myself and here I am.

I sat on the wooden bench beneath a banyan tree looking and two chirping birds in the night settled in their nest.
I huffed at myself. My mind drew me back to my own miserable world that I lived in.
I told my Dad that I want to be a lawyer, he said he's proud of it.
Finally, on something he's supporting me. But, again I'll be require to score well in 10th boards. I never knew how time flew, yesterday it was Christmas and finals going on after winter vacation. And now, 10th even started and mid-term is completed. Just few more months and soon I'll be done with 10th.

I completely forgot to take care of myself living with this dysfunctional family that I didn't realize the importance of Mental health and how fucked up mine is.
I should probably start focusing on myself too.
I gained alot of weight within few months and everything seems boring these days.
Life is just flowing, nothing interesting.

They say, every moment should be made memorable they didn't say how. I sat there for a while planning about changing my schedule.
Morning - school
Afternoon - nap
Evening - study
Night - a 15 mins walk and sleep.

Seems easy to say and perfect to look but it's tiring when you don't have motivation to do anything.
Besides that, peer pressure started to take on me.
My Mom and Dad don't waste a second in taunting me and burdening me about the expectations they laid upon me.
It's their daily reminder for me to perform well to save their reputation in the so called helpless society.

My chain of thoughts broke when I heard sounds coming from behind. I turned to see Riddhima wearing a white polka
Black frock and Pragya wearing a crop top and denim jeans with Sudhir right to Riddhima wearing his “ Apna time aayega”
T-shirt and a box in hand.
I was confused, They were approaching me. Why?

They came towards me passing smiles and sudhir kept the box besides me on the bench and sat down. He opened it and revealed a bday cake! A black Forest cake with “ happy birthday” on it.

All three of them in unison sang
Happy birthday song to me,
I was fighting my tears back but they had the urge to come out. I rubbed my cheek and hugged each of them.
I asked, “ why all of these? ”
Pragya said,
“ First you cut the cake and feed us all ” I nodded and took the light green plastic knife and cut the cake into little pieces feeding them all.
Sudhir gave me a bracelet that had  sister beads on it with hearts beside it. It was so beautiful I wore it and admired how it looked.
Riddhima and pragya combined gave me phone case, Bluetooth and birthday card.
This all was overwhelming.

My old friends that ignored me once now are back and surprising me on my birthday.
I felt odd to be this happy but this is what I needed right?
This is what I got, then why so melancholy?

Riddhima fed me the cake and said, “ So sorry bro. It was all planned ” she passed me an apologetic smile.
Now everything made sense to me, they planned all these. All these was acting. Damn! They continued to be on their character for more than 6 months.
Jackass! I hit her lightly.

“ You people scared me. You know, I really started doubting myself. I was insecure if I was not a good friend and you all did not like my company. ”

“ Ahh. What bullshit. We are lucky to have you. So sorry again bro, it was Sudhir's idea.”
Pragya apologized. I glared at Sudhir. He just pouted and muttered a sorry.

“ leave all that Prish. You know what? Pragya is now dating  Dilip. ” Sudhir dropped the bomb.
My mouth went wide open.
I looked over at she nodded shyly.
Wow, alot happened when they purposely ignored me.

" Also we have a big surprise for you Preee " Pragya stretched over. My raised my eyebrows. Now what?

They told me to turn around, and there he was. Ishan.
My heart fluttered looking at him. He's changed so much, got beard. Its time when teenagers hit puberty after all. Tho there's not much of a change in his height. But, he's looking handsome than ever.

He smiled at me and I went to hug him. He whispered happy birthday in my ear. I thanked him and we all sat down to eat in the garden. It was like a picnic.

I can't believe the prank my friends pulled for so long and even Ishan was into it.
He told me that he went to ask them about the reason why they all avoided, after finding out they were throwing a birthday party for me, he involved himself too.
And Now he's in front of me coming from Jharkhand keeping all his work aside.
These people never fail to make me special.