competition

The cheers were loud, hopes were high, expectations touched the sky. Everything was upon Prisha. The competition was about to begin.
The opposition took the ground and were warming up.

Prisha's school unified high school won badminton for dual mode,
Won second place in basketball and tennis
First in football.
Prisha is sure they'll win first in cricket too.
But badminton solo?

She remembered Ishan's words,
I'll be there for you those touched her to such an extent that she didn't sleep at night.
Swati claims that she has developed crush on Ishan,
She kept denying it, but reading online the effects of crush and how human behaviour changes when  they find someone attractive and various other articles, she's rethinking if swati was right.

Prisha is continuously peeping a little to find if Ishan is there or not, he had practice in the morning as it is Sunday.
There are very less chances he'll be here for her.
She kept asking swati who all people are present to see the match, she said “ Your Principle, teachers, few trust members I assume, our parents and students”
Prish wasn't satisfied with the answer,
“ who in students? ”

“ You think I know their names?
Alright, if you are so curious.
There was Pragya, Riddhima and a guy Riddhi was clinging onto” Swati named few people she knew.
Prisha sighed at her response and looked down “ No he isn't here. ” Swati said looking at her sister's state.
Prisha looked up with raised Eyebrows, questioning.
“ the one you are looking for, Ishan duh.. He isn't here” Swati told.

“ Wish he was here to see how amazing you play today ” swati said tieing the shoe lace of Prisha. Prisha just ignored her sister's comments. Commentator announced the Unified team to enter the field. She did a quick check and after approval of her sister, Prisha went out.

√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√

{ ISHAN'S POV }

“ Bro! you are Idiot! Dumbass ” I cussed sudhir on the phone. How the heck did he not remind me, today is Prisha's competition.
I cut the call in hurry and rush down the railway station's stairs.
I came here to catch the Train to Jharkhand, then recieved a call from Sudhir asking where I was.

I catched an Rickshaw back to the ground. Traffic did no good to me, when did Bihar's traffic became like Mumbai's traffic.
Unsteadily I kept pacing around the Rickshaw in my seat.
Uncle gave me weird stares only if he felt what I am feeling.

I reached the ground half an hour late. By now Round 1 must have ended. Thank god I reached a little early. Better late then never. I showed them my pass and Entered the field.

Prisha was wearing a little loose T-shirt and Track pants with sports shoes with her hair tied to pony tail. She was sweating hard, while on the other hand the opponent was two times bigger then Prisha. No, I am not body shaming, but she looked fitter then Prish.

The scores were 1-3. Prish managed to score only one point? I sat down in an empty chair in the forefront. From the corner of my eye I saw Prisha's parents, her dad had an disappointed face. He didn't look like he was pleased with his daughter. I focused back on Prisha, Come on Prisha. You have to do it!

The principal and teachers didn't even bother to notice the match or cheer for their student, instead they were busy chatting.
Our Unified students were cheering for Prisha while Holy angel students were the loudest.
Didn't our students had their breakfast?

I focused back on Prish after taking in the scenario, she managed to score one point. Now it was 2-3. Something about her told me she was nervous.
For a spare second she looked my way, I passed her gentle smile and the shuttle cock landed on the ground.