reason

Your silence speaks alot of things you don't wanna convey

The crowd was busy chattering and sharing jolly times with each other. Diwali was around the corner and the decorations for the same were going on.
The exams for the 9 graders came to an end.
Ishan was occupied with many cricket competitions and didn't study as usual.
He expected prisha, who sits in front of him to atleast show him passing marks answers but she has been avoiding him since.

He collected few answers from the chits that sudhir bought, from the confused Riddhima and all the three relied upon pragya who demanded an samosa from each of them.
Defeated they agreed to give her samosa treat.
Prisha didn't even bother to look up even during the exams.
Something was up with her?
Ishan thought maybe her dad made her feel low, but he can't be sure.
He decided to ask her after the devi puja.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•

The pooja ended quickly and Prisha took the plate and started distributing prashad to all colony members.
Each one of them took one when she came to give them with a smile. She did a little hi-hello with Ishan's parents when she bought the plate near them and asked ““how's college going? ” to his brother to which he replied
“ amazing ”
When It was ishan's turn, he smiled and took barfi, he thought Prisha might initiate a little convo with him but she went ahead.

The evening fell quickly, there was dinner held in the colony. The Rao's and Kishan sat together to eat.
They didn't spare a second to not talk, some how everyone had something to talk about.
Ishan and Prisha were sitting beside each other in chairs, she didn't glance up for once at him. He tried nudging her shoulder trying to get her attention she spared a irritated glance at him. He stopped trying to make her out.

All the families went inside their houses, kids came out to burst the crackers. In a porchway Prisha stood looking at the kids and rewinding those good days of hostel.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•

(Ishan's POV)

She was dressed elegantly today in traditional kurti of baby blue color with pearls on it. And her dupatta! Ahh, that flowly dupatta. Why did I not wear a watch today? She carried herself and that outfit so beautifully while distributing prashad that Raj bhai secretly smacked my head.

But something about her is bothering me. Her silence. Is she purposely avoiding me? I don't think so, because she doesn't even talk to pragya or Riddhima that much. She comes to school, attends lecture  recently she even cancelled her enrollment for badminton and goes home.
Sudhir adviced “ Girls are complicated to understand, give her some time, she'll eventually open up ” he's a taken guy that's why I listened to his advice but I can't wait anymore. I need to know..

Busting cracker voices filled with happy laughs came from down. I went out and saw kids happily busting crackers. Only if dad bought us some instead of saying “ You two are grown up. Not the age to play with such stuff " I would be among them.
My eyes caught her sight. She was lost in something standing in poarchway. Perfect time to go.

I went out and yelled “ I am going to get some fresh air. I'll be back ” Dad who was scrolling through some relative's wedding pic and showing it to uninterested Raj said “ Look at Gupta's son, he only to eat. To not get disturbed by the voice he was studying in the library and still studying. And here's our son, go back and STUDY! ”

“ Dad exam just ended. Let him enjoy " My brother spoke up. Dad just shook his head.
I wanted to add how Gupta uncle's son always roams with different girls every week.
But right now, my focus is Prisha. If she goes back inside I won't be able to meet her again.