dinner

The chitter chat didn't stop for a second. The parents had so many things to share, they were talking unstoppable.
From sales in super market discussed by women and share market discussed by men.
The kids of both the family were silent, until Mrs. Kishan started asking certain stuff to swati.
“ Best of luck beta for preparing for UPSC. Very good of you to take this firm decision” Swati smiled and thanked them.

As expected, they asked Prisha.
“ What are you planning to do beta? ” Prisha looked down at her feet and said, “ I haven't decided that yet Aunty. ”
She looked up and saw a disappointed look from her Parents.

“ No problem in that beta, You are still young to decide what you gonna be, Believe me We all dream to be this or that. By time, our dreams change like we do. Don't stress out" Mr. Kishan said.
Prisha wished her parents were this open minded.

“ what's up with your sons?”
Mr. Rao asked his buddy. He chuckled and said,
“ Younger one and elder one both wanted to be a cricketer
Now you know Swastik, it's not easy for me to enroll both of them in cricket coaching."
Swastik nodded his head,
“ But Ishan here got an opportunity to play for Jharkhand state level cricket and Raj agreed to focus on studies. So yeah, that's pretty much” Ishan had an proud smile on his face watching his dad narrate the experience.

“ Wow Ishan. That's awesome.
Good luck with your dreams.
Keep grinding " Swastik said.
“ Thank you uncle. By the way Prisha, you gave practice test for interschool badminton competition right? How did that go? ” Ishan asked Prisha.
Prisha felt wordless, as much as she wanted to tell everyone she was selected but here her dad said she has to cancel her enrollment.
“ ya. Ishan, I was selected. ” she looked over at her dad who was fidgeting with his fingers.

Prisha has to give such a reply which won't bring down his reputation and showcase his mentality.
“ We have exams coming up and internals will start soon. So I have decided to cancel my enrollment”

“ Exam has 2 months to go Prisha. And competition will hardly have 15 days. ”
Ishan said. Prisha was feeling very Awkward right now. She looked at her sister swati who was giving her an apologetic smile. She couldn't involve in this discussion.

“ Yes Prisha. Don't worry about academics if you Love playing badminton you should play interschool " Swastik said.
Swati and Prisha's eyes popped up. He said WHAT-??

" We tried convincing Prisha the other day that she should go for this competition, silly girl, always thinking about studies" Swastik chuckled.

" Yes Prisha. If you need some more practice there's ground just in our building. Ishan doesn't even study you can call him to play with you ” Mrs. Kishan said making everyone laugh.
Ishan protested and said,
" I do study " His mother shook his head and asked Prisha.
" Does he? " Ishan sits beside Prisha and then that teacher gave her responsibility of his studies, it's obvious for his mom to ask Prisha.
“ He does. Well at least pays attention in class and completes the assignments and books borrowing mine. ”

“ Thank you Prisha. Form the day he started getting in your company he started getting smarter and smarter " Ishan was embarassed by all this.
“ Haha. It's not like that. He's smart as always. ” Prisha said looking at Ishan.
She never complimented Ishan ever. Not in school. In front of family she has to say such things. She wishes Ishan says something like that to her too.

“ Yeah Prisha. I am free after school so if you need to Practice after that you can call me " Ishan said sipping the yoghurt.
Prisha didn't want his flattery attitude he's just trying to be nice not genuine. That's what she thought.
If the families weren't around she would have said NO to his face but now " I'll, thanks ishan"

" Eh, You aren't free after school beta " His dad interrupted and said, " Who's gonna do homework and studies? ” Typical dad mindset. They'll only allow you to go and play unless you complete your studies.

The dinner was over very soon and everyone settled to their respective places. The Rao's came back home.
Prisha cleared her throat and said, " Our class teacher will be present from 11 am to 12 pm tomorrow. If you wish to meet her..... ”

Swastik didn't utter a word,
“ leave it. Participate in your goddamn competition." With this he retired to his room.
Their mom, swastika gave a smile to them and left.
The sisters squealed in happiness.
They were happy because Prisha won the argument.

No matter what the situation is,
Swastik Rao will never let his Reputation down and if you wish to get something from his play with his reputation.
There are likely chances you will win and Prisha understood this strategy very well.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

Next day in School was spent normally except the first bench was empty. Ms Reya asked where Ishan and Prisha are,
Riddhima replied, “ they are selected for interschool sports so practising ”
She nodded her head and said,
“ I knew about Ishan's interest in sports, but Prisha....? ”

" We were equally shocked when we found out but happy too ” pragya added.
“ Aww.. Talented students of my class ” she said in a dreamy voice which made everyone laugh.
That's why english teachers are the best.

“ class, back to the lesson. Whatever they miss out during lectures please inform them to do so " Ms. Reya told Sudhir, pragya and Riddhima.

They agreed on and the lecture proceeded.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•

(Ishan's POV)

I sat down to explain the meetings I am having with Anand sir lately.
All the seniors wanted to know what is happening.

" So, I'll be playing for jharkhand state level. Bihar board messed up with BCCI.
I wish the dispute was solved but it doesn't look like and I won't be waiting for years till their controversies end. ”

Dilip asked " But bro, you are not even from Jharkhand how will they select you? ”
I chuckled and told them,
“ Anand Sir is assistant selector.
He's ready to enroll me there.
I'll have to travel everyday after school to practice there and come back in the afternoon to Rachi. It's gonna be hectic " I imagined my schedule, it scared me travelling daily and Exhaustion might kill me. But they won't kill my dream..

“ what about your lunch and dinner ” a female voice came from beside me. Prisha dragged an empty chair and sat in the ground with us, beside me.
All the boys greeted her and the attention fell back on me,
" Why do you care? ”
I asked.
“ just, not like I care.. I was curious ” she replied.

To be honest even I didn't think how am I going to manage food.
I can't skip meal , my practice needs stamina and mom will kill me if I eat outside food daily. She packs lunch for me which me and my boys complete  before the break.

“ Prisha will bring lunch for him " Randeep said and everyone started laughing. If he thought we both are dumb to not understand his intentions of teasing us he's getting it wrong.
He was definitely teasing us.
“ I can't assure that but I assume you enjoy eating sapna's tiffin right? ” she said.
All the guys looked at Randeep, Dilip said " You didn't tell us "
Another one said " You broke the bro code "
" We should have known this "
" I had my doubts"
And it started.
I mouthed a thank you to Prisha for saving us from awkward situation.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛༶•┈┈⛧┈♛༶•┈┈⛧┈♛༶

Add this book to your reading list / library if you haven't yet.